PDA

View Full Version : Movie: ~ P U L S E ~

tartaniac
10-08-06, 04:58 AM
I saw this in IMAX and it was made by the same people who did STOMP. I absolutely loved STOMP and another group from Australia: TAP DOGS.

It is amazing to me the way they edited the rhythms and sounds into a very smooth piece with so much expression yet something that was terribly freeing. I know it's not the same as our drumming, but in a way it is because what we do affects others.

PULSE was how there is a rhythm to life and almost every aspect of life. Evelyn Glennie was not just rhythmic -- although she said the snare is her favorite percussion instrument and one she feels is the hardest to master -- she had a lot of musicality.

If you haven't seen PULSE, I recommend it. Same with STOMP and TAP DOGS.

Steve
10-08-06, 08:59 AM
Hello Tartaniac...

I aint even heard of these bands... never mind heard them or seen them...

Guys.. Am i getting old.. ?... lmao

phyx
10-08-06, 11:23 AM
Pulse is also a new horror movie coming out very soon. Can't wait to see the horror movie. :bgt:

I thought that's what this thread was going to be about...ah well.

STOMP was a pretty neat group...never heard of Tap Dogs though.

rpeitzsch
10-08-06, 02:26 PM
BLAST, and its various reincarnations, is also a fun show to watch. Love STOMP!!

Bobby
10-08-06, 04:51 PM
I was wondering what a horror movie could possibly have to do with drumming ????:bolt:

rpeitzsch
10-08-06, 04:54 PM
I was wondering what a horror movie could possibly have to do with drumming ????:bolt:

It's what you get when you pipers try to play along with us. :bg:

Bobby
10-08-06, 06:33 PM
It's what you get when you pipers try to play along with us. :bg:

ahhhhh.......so that's what that racket is !:notlistening:

tartaniac
11-08-06, 12:50 AM
STOMP is a bunch of percussionists who play everything from brooms and dust pans to wooden match boxes. Absolutely brilliant.

In PULSE, they are underwater at one point playing things that are tied to the bottom of the pool and they are also riding down a road playing settings with the bells on their bikes.

TAP DOGS is a group of equally talented musicians from Australia who tap their way through the settings. The tap up and down steps, they tap in troughs of water. One guy hangs upside down on bungie cords so he can tap on the ceiling.

drumpretzel
11-08-06, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the tip, Tartaniac!

I've seen STOMP live and was awed by every second. Seen TAP DOGS somewhere too, (T.V. I guess) and thought it was brilliant!

I'll keep an eye out for it.

Dan.