PDA

View Full Version : An Evening in London with Willie McCallum

Adam
02-11-09, 08:48 AM
The next SPSL Piper's Club at the Mudlark will be on Saturday the 28th of November, beginning 7:30pm. Our guest recitalist will be Willie McCalllum, one of the the most outstanding pipers of this, or any other, century. It would really take up far too much space to list all of Willie's achievements, so I'll just say that if you try and use a compass in Bearsden, it will always point to Willie's house rather than North, because of the magnetic pull of all the metal he has won over the years that he keeps stashed there. C'mon folks, it's WILLIE McCALLUM, 8 times winner of the Glenfiddich!

Entry will be 10 for SPSL Members, 12 for non-members.
The Mudlark. 4 Montague Close, London Bridge SE1 9DA

http://www.scottishpipingsocietyoflondon.com/imagesmemberscomp2007/wmmcllm.jpg

Mark J.
02-11-09, 09:14 AM
That would be gooood!!

Daz Gregory
02-11-09, 02:40 PM
Adam 12 on the door or do I have to pre-book a ticket?

My dad would love this one!

Regards

Daz

FeeFee
02-11-09, 04:29 PM
Was at the Glenfiddich on Saturday - Willie is well worth the money!!

Daz Gregory
02-11-09, 04:50 PM

Too right FeeFee! Seen him a couple of times - the guy is a monster.....this from a drummer too!

Sean
02-11-09, 07:50 PM

Yes he is, but he gives me SH*^te on the FB when Celtic and Hamburg are playing.

Adam
02-11-09, 07:55 PM
Daz, no need to pre-book, just pay at the door. If you are coming, I will be happy to see you. It should be a good night, Willie is really on form at the moment.

(Thinking aboot it, when isn't he on form..............)

Sean
02-11-09, 09:00 PM
He's never off form Adam....Hope you enjoy the evening!

FeeFee
03-11-09, 01:25 PM
Too right FeeFee! Seen him a couple of times - the guy is a monster.....this from a drummer too!

Drummers do tend to speak in hushed tones when discussing pipers....I've noticed this!
...............Double post automerged..............
Yes he is, but he gives me SH*^te on the FB when Celtic and Hamburg are playing.

Ah......fitba! Does this match happen very often??