PDA

View Full Version : RSPBA taking the p*ss?

An claidheamh soluis
17-08-06, 03:14 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the RSPBA are having a laugh by releasing twodvd's of the Gr 1 finals at a cost of 20 each!

Last year we got one with at least one performance from each band that qualified. This year we get two: the top 6 on one disc (ie shorter than last year) and the second with the rest.

And I'm pretty sure last years dvd was less than 20 notes too... Although I see it's now marked as 20 on the RSPBA website :rolleyes:

Bobby
17-08-06, 03:28 PM
It's allot cheaper than the flight over, hotel, bar, and meal expenses! LOL..
I'm offering them at $39.95 each right now. Not sure what that is in UK pounds ( can't figure out the symbol for UK currency on my keyboard) but I think it's less.

A. Shack
17-08-06, 04:36 PM
I'm offering them at $39.95 each right now. Not sure what that is in UK pounds ( can't figure out the symbol for UK currency on my keyboard) but I think it's less.

You mean this one ? ;)

Just copy and paste it from the character map.

Bobby
17-08-06, 05:29 PM
Character map ???:blonde: http://www.pipebands.plt-hosting.com/image.php?u=20&dateline=1153969897 LOL

phyx
17-08-06, 06:15 PM
Start > Programs > Accessories > Character Map

OR

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

And then: £

Steve
17-08-06, 06:40 PM
Nothin new with being ripped off again.. ?????

A. Shack
17-08-06, 06:55 PM
Character map ???:blonde: http://www.pipebands.plt-hosting.com/image.php?u=20&dateline=1153969897 LOL

Careful now, don't go using the Super Secret High Sign too casually, the World Police will think you're taunting them.

Craig m
22-08-06, 06:24 PM
I think they are a little bit like.

Nowan
22-08-06, 09:04 PM

1$ = 1.2 => 39.95 x 1.2 = 47.94

1 = 1.6 => 47.94 : 1.6 = 29.96

that's quite a lot of money imho...

Would be better to wait to buy'm until next year one's are out???

And then there's people complaining that kids download too much...
if it wasn't all that expensive, there would never have been a reason for people to have started downloading in the first place...

But anyway, that was not really the topic :bg:

Pete Walen
22-08-06, 09:10 PM
Were those calculations based on Canadian or US dollars... As Bobby is Canadian...

Then again, the last time I crossed the border it was a whomping 9% exchange - $1 (US) = $1.09 (Cdn)

Riperpiper
23-08-06, 12:38 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the RSPBA are having a laugh by releasing twodvd's of the Gr 1 finals at a cost of £20 each!

Last year we got one with at least one performance from each band that qualified. This year we get two: the top 6 on one disc (ie shorter than last year) and the second with the rest.

And I'm pretty sure last years dvd was less than 20 notes too... Although I see it's now marked as £20 on the RSPBA website :rolleyes:

£20?? Both DVD's are marked at £15.90, including postage, in their online shop. I've already ordered mine. Last year's are the same price.

An claidheamh soluis
23-08-06, 08:57 AM
£20?? Both DVD's are marked at £15.90, including postage, in their online shop. I've already ordered mine. Last year's are the same price.

Some finger trouble on their site. When I posted this the cost was £19.50 not £15.90.

And no, I'm not cixelsyd :bg:

Dai Robb
23-08-06, 11:30 AM
I tell you what Chris, instead of me having to spend my Old Age Pension on both DVDs, just send me yours when you have watched it a few times will you please??

redneck
23-08-06, 08:58 PM
I tell you what Chris, instead of me having to spend my Old Age Pension on both DVDs, just send me yours when you have watched it a few times will you please??

Jeeze wept, ya can take the Scots man oot a Scotland but no the Scotland oot the Scots.........talk aboot tight, if ya didnae spend yer time boozin' wi me 'n the gang ya could a heard it live. LMAO........only jokin' m8, the booze was better anyhow.

Dai Robb
23-08-06, 11:49 PM
Nobody told me that you were suposed to go to the Worlds an listen to Pipe Bands?? I just assumed that they were there to add background music to the beer tent??

Riperpiper
24-08-06, 01:50 AM

Sure, Dai. No problem. I'll send them to you as soon as I've finished watching them.

Mind you.. you might not need your Old Age Pension by then. :stopit:

Dai Robb
24-08-06, 11:11 AM
Are you trying to suggest that I will be past it??