PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on After Market Blowsticks...

dtvsteve76
20-01-10, 03:25 AM
Looking for reviews of After Market Blowsticks...I think I need a shorter one because I have a special silver mouth piece...and I feel the entire set up seems long...

Thanks
Steve

jessierose
20-01-10, 03:47 AM
I use an adjustable Gibson blowstick. I had problems with blowstick length for years but found that the childsize Gibson is just the thing for me.
I have heard many people like the Airstream with the built-in valve just as well.

reedmaster
29-01-10, 04:32 AM
:french: Been thinking of cutting mine back too. This my third set of pipes And I know I should just do it.

Scarlet O'Hair
29-01-10, 04:34 AM
:french: Been thinking of cutting mine back too. This my third set of pipes And I know I should just do it.

Here's my $.02

Don't cut it. It won't perform the same way. Not sure the cost to cut, but would it compare to an aftermarket?

Mark J.
29-01-10, 04:59 AM
Here's my $.02

Don't cut it ...
.... would it compare to an aftermarket?

That's be my 2p also - reckon if you ever wanted to sell them, you'd be better off being able to offer them with the original, uncut mouthpiece.

And there's loads of aftermarket's about that you'd be bound to find one to suit!

Looking for reviews of After Market Blowsticks...I think I need a shorter one because I have a special silver mouth piece...and I feel the entire set up seems long...

Thanks
Steve

Head to a shop & see if they'll let you try them out.
People's recommendations are only as good as how their mouths find them.
I would recommend the bigger bored ones tho, whichever make you choose

Blue Scotty Girl
29-01-10, 01:41 PM
I have a set of McCallums and didn't want to lose the nickel on the blowpipe as it seems to finish off the look of my pipes, but like you I feel it all looks and feels very long. I also like the flexibility of the ball joint I had on my band loaned set.

I'm looking at getting this
http://www.midwestbagpipesupply.com/Cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=136&idproduct=3520

I can keep the nickel decoration and my current mouthpiece and also the valve thing I use currently. Not 100% decided on it, I'm still checking opinions from friends......and I'd source it locally.

ppyper1
29-01-10, 08:06 PM
I was just shown a new adjustable one last night. Can't remember the name. I"ll ask again and post it.

UpstatePiper
29-01-10, 08:13 PM
I have an adjustable from Peter Crisler. He made it smooth turned and with a wooden mount to match my pipes. It's got a built in valve. The bore is nearly big enough to stick my finger into, so there's almost no restriction.

I'm very happy with it.

dtvsteve76
29-01-10, 11:47 PM
http://home.insightbb.com/~pwwjcrisler/index.html