PDA

View Full Version : Tenor sticks for Kids

Brian Morgan
20-03-10, 04:37 PM
About to start teaching a 7 year old. Any suggestions for tenor sticks for children or should I just give her a pair of normal tenor sticks?

janelleTG
21-03-10, 08:43 AM
There's a member here named jayat. He (use to) make small tenor sticks about 7 inches long, with a thin steel shaft and a light head. They are so light they can be hard work for an adult to flourish , but 2 of my kids, 9 and 10 years olds, use them and they find them the perfect weight. He may have some left to sell.
Having said that when i started at 11 or 12, i learnt with the old cork head sticks, that were long and heavy.

jayat
22-03-10, 09:59 AM
Thanks Janelle but no I don't have any left but hamilton music has all thats left probably the plastic coated would be the best for a young learner normal sticks could be to heavy for a young ones wrists don't want to put them off playing . jim.

Celtic Mitch
27-03-10, 09:08 PM
Andrew Elliott of Ace Percussion will make smaller sticks to order, size and colour. He made a wee pair for Kirsty Currie. You can contact him through his website http://www.ace-percussion.com/