PDA

View Full Version : Bigstix Drumming/ Corps & Students

Bigstixmccoy
08-04-10, 02:02 AM
Bigstix Drumming Services is geared to all corps and students looking to grow and develope their playing styles.

My name is Eric McCoy and I am from Ohio. I have been rather successful at all levels of solos and have an extensive history of corps playing begining at the age of 6. 27 years later, I have had many great opportunities and played with many astonding players from North America. Through these experiences, I have been able to pass on the ideas and theroies from teacher to student and instructor to corps. I am currently an Adjunct Teacher at the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio and running the pipeband drumming program.

I have been working with the North Coast Pipe Band (Cleaveland, OH) for many years and several surrounding pipeband organizations. Please contact band administrator (North Coast), Bentley Wall at bentley_wall@yahoo.com for any questions on experience or reliability.

I am looking forward to talking with you and offering new insights and approaches for you to find success.

Best,
Eric McCoy
Bigstix Drumming
drumwitheric@yahoo.com

North Coast Pipe Band
Bentley Wall
1683 Kent Street
Kent, OH 44240
February 7, 2008
Re: Letter of Recommendation

To whom it may concern:

The North Coast Pipe Band and I would like to extend our recommendation to you for the following individual, Eric McCoy. Mr. McCoy has been in our program for roughly 16 years and during that time has served the organization in various capacities. He has been a core member of our Grade II percussion program and has served as the percussion instructor for our developmental teaching programs. (Grade IV and Grade III) During this time he has been a part of the successes of the Grade II drum corps. The highlights of these past successes include when the drum corps/band has won the Midwest Championship, Midwest Pipe Band Society Championship, United States Championship, Eastern United States Championship, Canadian Championship, Ontario Pipe Band Society Championship, North American Championship and Eric was in the band when we placed 7th in Glasgow Scotland’s World Pipe Band Championship in Grade II.

Eric has demonstrated his ability to teach members of the several groups in our program. He is a reliable and honest individual as well as a very competent instructor. He currently serves in our program as our legally filed Registered Instructor as well as our Drum Sergeant. I am also aware that Eric teaches and assists other pipe band programs in our area as well as carrying an individual load of private students. I would strongly encourage other pipe band organizations to allow this individual to assist with their pipe band/drumming needs. We have been quite pleased with his abilities and devotion to improving players of all age and abilities.

If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Bentley Wall, PhD
North Coast Pipe Band
Program Director/President of the Board

__________________________________________________ _______________

McCallum Highlanders
Randy J. Homer
3467 Hanover Dr.
Kent, OH 44240

February 8, 2008

Re: Letter of recommendation

To Whomever It May Concern:

This letter is to extend our highest recommendations for Eric McCoy and
his services as a Drum Instructor and/or Pipe Band consultant.

The MacCallum Highlanders Pipe Band, is a family oriented street band and currently plays at a Grade V equivalent level. We have used Eric's help/services during two extended periods of time. The most recent being throughout 2007 and into 2008. He has instructed our drummers both individually and as a group. Their skill levels ranging from beginner to advanced. He has also served as consultant to our Pipe Major and Pipe Sergeant on diverse subjects such as timing/tempos, how best to coordinate the pipe music with the drum score, rehearsal organization and leadership within the band structure.

We have always found Eric to be prompt in his commitments and cordial in
his interrelations while being completely thorough in his instruction. His assistance has been extremely valuable to us, resulting in a far better drum corps and better performances from all. We are very happy to recommend him most highly to any Pipe Band or pipe band drummer who might consider his
services.

Please contact me direct if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Randy J. Homer
on behalf of the MacCallum Highlanders
__________________________________________________ _______________

Tim Wiley
7988 W. Smith Rd.
Medina, OH 44256
February 3, 2008

Re: Letter of recommendation

To Whom It May Concern:

Please accept this letter of recommendation for Eric McCoy as a drumming instructor for your organization.

I have had the distinct pleasure of knowing Eric for close to 15 years. As a young man in his teens I was impressed not only by his great manners and personality, but also by the fervor and dedication with which he studied highland snare drumming while playing in various competition bands. As he has grown up into a remarkable young man, and has become an excellent percussionist rising to the highest levels of competitive pipe band drumming. He has since also become a bit of a famed teacher of highland drumming within pipe band circles and works with several bands and individuals to help them achieve the most they can in this musical genre.

Most recently I asked Eric to help me develop my drum section for the newly created Celtic Eagle competitive pipe band from Akron, OH. While we had much seasoned talent within our piping ranks, our drum corps was fresh and new and in desperate need of some solid instruction. Eric has been able to bring a lot to the table and has helped to increase the ability of my drum corps by leaps and bounds. His patient and up-beat style of teaching promotes a great learning atmosphere which has taken the Celtic Eagle drum corps from last place standings to finishing comfortably in the upper middle of the pack within just six months. We are looking forward to great things for the upcoming season with Eric’s continued training.

Another particular strength that Eric brings to an organization is his willingness to integrate his teaching to the program of the Pipe Major. I have struggled myself, and talked to other frustrated PMs who have brought someone in to assist the drum corps who thinks it is all about them and don’t work with the program of the organization. Thankfully, this ego problem has never come up with Eric. He is always keen to discuss ideas and check that any new material fits with the direction of the band. While he often does come up with many good suggestions on how the band program can be improved, he is never so invested that it becomes an issue if we decide to follow a different route.

In summation, I think that you will find Eric McCoy to be an excellent drummer, an excellent teacher, and an excellent human being and I know he will be an asset to your organization when you bring him aboard!

Sincere Regards,

Timothy J. Wiley, PM
Akron & District Pipe Band, Akron OH
Celtic Eagle Pipe Band, Akron OH