PDA

View Full Version : Piping in the news...

jessierose
17-09-10, 03:57 AM
Did anyone else hear piping in the news today? The Pope was in Glasgow for a historic visit, apparently, and I definitely saw a pipeband marching past behind the newscaster.
Anyone got a clip?

Paul Ouellette
17-09-10, 04:17 AM
I heard he was in Glasgow to hear the confession of the Chief Constable...in consideration of all the grief the band was put through over the last 18 months.

piper_dancer
17-09-10, 04:57 AM
is this it? http://www.stniniansday.co.uk/parade.php

if so, lotsa bands were there :)

Blue Scotty Girl
17-09-10, 09:52 AM
I was listening to a news report at work about it and there was a pipe band playing in the background. I SWEAR I heard someone say "people will travel for miles to see a pipe band"...but I think he probably said "pope". Not completly convinced tho......

Churchill
17-09-10, 09:56 AM
Yeah, they wanted to have a thousand pipers for the event. Jessie, try the BBC website, they're covering the event fully.

Vikki
17-09-10, 10:07 AM
or ITV website. Turned on tv last night to see pipe bands at the airport or wherever when he arrived. Should be loads of clips

Armorican
17-09-10, 11:31 AM
Maybe it was a pope band playing for the Pipe?

Nah, it was probably a mass band.

Heed
17-09-10, 11:39 AM
At least a portion of Strathclyde Police band were there, in Glasgow. Glasgow thing wasn't the St Ninians parade. Didnt see the clip but they were due to play about 4, so probs them.

1st on duty job for about a year, courtesy of Gods rep on earth.