PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

piper_dancer
08-10-10, 06:10 PM
So the season started last night.
I had to miss it for my graduation commencement thing. Seriously.... Hockey game or Diploma? Where do their priorities lie?!

We had some wins last night for Carolina, Philadelphia, Colorado, Reid's Edmonton reids-team

....and of course my Toronto.

So, its definitely Toronto's year, theyre going to win the cup.:wave:

That's all I really wanted to say.

Robbie.Crow
08-10-10, 06:12 PM
'mon the hoops!

mark kelley
08-10-10, 06:37 PM
So, its definitely Toronto's year, theyre going to win the cup.:wave:

Drugs are bad, Kait - apparently the ones you're taking are making you hallucinate... :rotf:

jessierose
08-10-10, 08:24 PM
Poor Flamers!

And congrats on graduation, Kaitlin!!! Welcome to....whatever happens after high school.

piper_dancer
08-10-10, 09:53 PM
thanks!
just you wait mark, this IS their year :bg:

piper_dancer
14-10-10, 04:33 AM
STILL undefeated! 3-0!!!!

KCB
15-10-10, 03:42 PM
and after losing a finger too!

Ouch!!

captn kev
16-10-10, 08:55 PM
STILL undefeated! 3-0!!!!

now 4-0:torn:

piper_dancer
17-10-10, 05:22 AM
*cough*
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs737.snc4/65778_446095454087_502529087_5035172_6608389_n.jpg

KCB
17-10-10, 06:13 AM
...and they didn't lose on Saturday night on HNIC!!!

Will this streak never end?!

piper_dancer
17-10-10, 04:15 PM
I'm lovin' it :)

KCB
25-10-10, 04:13 PM

piper_dancer
25-10-10, 05:43 PM
hehe :bg: i know.

mark kelley
25-10-10, 05:47 PM
Yeah, the Maple Laffs are back in town... :bg:

Daz Gregory
25-10-10, 08:25 PM
Flames on the rise.......:cgy:

piper_dancer
26-10-10, 04:13 PM
i don't get it. not counting overtimes,
the leafs lose twice, and everybody is on their a$$.
the oilers lose 4 times, and nobody says a word?
the devils lose 6 times and nobody says a word?
why's there such a hate on for toronto?? half the teams have more losses than them anyway.

mark kelley
26-10-10, 06:35 PM
i don't get it. not counting overtimes,
the leafs lose twice, and everybody is on their a$$.

First off, count the overtimes. A loss is a loss is a loss... and one of them was to the Rangers last week...:party:

As far as "everybody is on their a$$", you brought it on by posting this in the first place... you want to talk smack, you gotta be able to take smack. And, besides myself, I'm not really sure who you're referring to as "everybody"...

the oilers lose 4 times, and nobody says a word?
the devils lose 6 times and nobody says a word?

Don't pay enough attention to the Western Conference. If you want me to hate on the Devils, I could - but I've never seen any Devils fans on this forum, so it wouldn't be any fun.

why's there such a hate on for toronto?? half the teams have more losses than them anyway.
...but nobody's crowing about how good those other teams are... My team has the same record as yours, but I'm not bragging about it cuz it's early and I know my team is mediocre!!!

We'll talk Sunday, after they play each other Sat nite... :bg::fight:

piper_dancer
26-10-10, 07:20 PM
lol!!!
by everybody i don't just mean on the forum. I mean in general.
people publishing sarcastic news articles in Ottawa newspapers and stuff.
people out east that cindy has to put up with.
just...people...

I can take it. You know I'm only kidding, Mark :wink:

KCB
26-10-10, 08:02 PM
I recall a comedian saying what a national treasure the Argonauts were because hating the Argonauts united Canadians across the country.

The same could be said of the Leafs (although it would be more plausible if they would win a little more often).

mark kelley
26-10-10, 08:23 PM
lol!!!
just...people...

I hoped you could, Kait... but really - you're wondering why people in Ottawa / Montreal hate the Leafs? Same reason I hate the Islanders and Devils...same reason there's so much Flames/Oilers love-hate here...

When I moved to Buffalo, I brought *my* sports teams with me (Yankees, Giants, Rangers) and have been enduring the "hate" for over 20 years now.
Giants-Bills Superbowl? Not a good time for Giants fans in Buffalo, let me tell you.
I go to pretty much every Rangers-Sabres game that I can, and it's lose-lose: If Buffalo wins, it's "You s*&k!! Go back to NY if you don't like it", and if they lose, it's "At least we didn't have to BUY our team, etc. etc. etc." (thank God there's no more "1940" chants!). :fight:
The Yankees? Well, they're pretty much hated everywhere :bg:
... so tell Cindy to email me for advice if it gets too ugly up there - (really? OTTAWA? does anyone take them seriously outside of Eastern Ontario?) :rotf:

Reid
26-10-10, 08:52 PM
lol!!!
just...people...

It's because that's the crap that sells papers.

:edm: :edm: :edm:

Scary if you add one more :edm: it will equal the same number of consecutive losses for the coilers.

:bolt:

mark kelley
26-10-10, 10:06 PM
Scary if you add one more :edm: it will equal the same number of consecutive losses for the coilers.

:tor::tor: (plus one if you're counting OT losses)...

will we be able to add one tonight? :bg:

Scarlet O'Hair
26-10-10, 11:17 PM
The Yankees? Well, they're pretty much hated everywhere :bg:
:rotf:

Not in my house! Leafs/Yankees fans! #1 dog is named Jeter (MVP Jumpin' Jeter actually) and #2 dog is Jambi (loose spelling of Giambi I guess for good reason! :bg:)

doc10
27-10-10, 12:42 AM
:edm::edm::edm::edm:

rpeitzsch
27-10-10, 01:02 AM
I live on the Yankees / Red Sox dividing line.

tartaniac
27-10-10, 04:43 AM
Rob: Step carefully there... which SIDE of the dividing line?

Kait: CONGRATS on your diploma. You made the right choice to attend. Otherwise you would have to listen to your aged mother harp about it forever.

Right now, this is why hockey is not on my mind. It was 78 degrees today, shorts and flip-flop weather. I cannot imagine hockey. I don't even know if North Carolina has a hockey rink. Northern California is cold and brisk and going to the hockey rink is appropriate, go SHARKS. Bite you.

Regarding all sports right now, I cannot complain. Last weekend was PERFECT. NAVY beat Notre Dame and Stanford beat Washington State. Everyone at my house is VERY happy. We'll get to the hockey as soon as we sort out the Rose Bowl. Sorry. Priorities.

Have fun.

Reid
27-10-10, 05:56 AM
*sigh*
The eternal hope of Flames fans...isn't it great?

Was thinking the same thing for the coilers. Kinds sounds the same every year. Oil win the first couple of games. The heat rises out side cuz the oiler fans are flapping their gums, then you don't hear from them until the next preseason.

Oilers will win tonight, and that will keep the Calgarians quiet for a while.

Are you enjoying tonight win? :bg: :bg: :bg:

Reid
27-10-10, 02:55 PM
And the last time the Flamers did anything?
Close but no cigar tonight.....great comeback though.Like i said...when the kidz look good they look REAL good, when they look bad they look REAL bad. All part of the re-build process.
Great game tonight....shame we don't meet again till April, or something like that.
:edm: :edm: :edm:

The Flames haven't made a splash for some time and I don't expect them to make a big dent anytime sound, but that is why we play the season...because you just never know.

It was a fun game to watch. Those young kids have a ton of talent. Should make for some exciting games a head.

:cgy: :cgy: :cgy:

MacLeodwannabe
27-10-10, 07:23 PM
I live on the Yankees / Red Sox dividing line.

LOL me too...but I guess it's the same for a lot of people

tartaniac
30-10-10, 04:19 AM
I have nothing of value to say but I showed up anyway.

mark kelley
31-10-10, 04:30 AM
I have nothing of value to say either, but I'll say it anyway: Rangers 2, Maple Laffs 0....:wave::party:

KCB
03-11-10, 05:04 PM
Hey, they scored last night...twice.

I know that's not much, especially since they lost 3-2, but, when your a Leafs' fan, you celebrate the little things.

This week, it's scoring goals (because it's better than not scoring goals). Next week, who knows, if they can score a few more (less than 167.6 minutes apart), they may even win a few games. And, if they win a few games, they might climb back into the top eight and qualify for the playoffs; and then...

piper_dancer
03-11-10, 05:15 PM
i have to say, i laughed at a status update that went on FB yesterday from a fellow leafs supporter:
"The NHL needs to make the nets bigger so the Leafs can score!"
:bg:

KCB
08-11-10, 04:50 PM
Maybe they could make one net bigger.

KCB
25-02-11, 07:50 PM
MONTREAL -- The Toronto Maple Leafs keep inching closer to playoff territory.

Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak each scored twice as the surging Maple Leafs got their first goals and points in three visits to Montreal this season in a 5-4 victory over the Canadiens on Thursday night.

On an 8-2-2 run since the all-star break, Toronto moved past the idle Atlanta Thrashers into 10th place in the NHL Eastern Conference, only one point behind ninth-place Buffalo, who hold two games in hand. They are only four behind the team that currently holds the eighth and final playoff spot -- the Carolina Hurricanes.

piper01888
25-02-11, 08:35 PM
Yawn!

piper_dancer
26-02-11, 03:30 AM
MONTREAL -- The Toronto Maple Leafs keep inching closer to playoff territory.

Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak each scored twice as the surging Maple Leafs got their first goals and points in three visits to Montreal this season in a 5-4 victory over the Canadiens on Thursday night.

On an 8-2-2 run since the all-star break, Toronto moved past the idle Atlanta Thrashers into 10th place in the NHL Eastern Conference, only one point behind ninth-place Buffalo, who hold two games in hand. They are only four behind the team that currently holds the eighth and final playoff spot -- the Carolina Hurricanes.
......aaaaaaand guess who just won a pair of platinum leafs tickets from Boston Pizza!!!
I'm so excited! it's vs blackhawks next saturday night!

I haven't decided who my guest will be, but I'm having a contest. Write me a haiku (in proper format) of why I should take you. Best haiku wins.

rpeitzsch
26-02-11, 04:02 AM
Ok, it isn't haiku, but I think you should take one of my boys just so they can wear some of their Blackhawks stuff at a game. My wife's family is from the Chicago area.

piper01888
26-02-11, 06:39 AM
I hear that second prize was four tickets to a Leafs game.

KCB
02-03-11, 05:14 PM
......aaaaaaand guess who just won a pair of platinum leafs tickets from Boston Pizza!!!
I'm so excited! it's vs blackhawks next saturday night!

I haven't decided who my guest will be, but I'm having a contest. Write me a haiku (in proper format) of why I should take you. Best haiku wins.

Wilson, Burke, clean house;
Kessel, Lupul, MacArthur.
What's next? Stanley Cup?

piper_dancer
03-03-11, 05:54 AM
HAH! that was great.
but, I already decided to take my sister :puppydogeyes:
Next time I win platinum tickets, i'll keep you in mind!

CanuckinGA
04-03-11, 08:17 PM
When we got all that snow down here in Georgia this last few months I was beginning to think that conditions were favourable for the Leafs playoff hopes. Sadly, the temps are back to normal and Hell isn't freezing over.

Yep, another rebuilding year ... they've been rebuilding since I was a kid fer crying out loud!

John