05-02-11, 10:50 PM
Highland Cathedral

Teribus

Arrival

Hey Jude

janelleTG
06-02-11, 01:18 AM
I love Highland Cathedral!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate Green Hills, it's a Mass band and parade tune that goes on and on and on and on, as a tenor drummer it's boring.
Scotland the Brave, and Amazing Grace because we use to play them so often.
Also ANYTHING from Elvis , or any of the other cheezy little tunes.

jessierose
06-02-11, 04:10 AM
Cockney Jocks! GAG!

ppyper1
06-02-11, 07:33 AM
Scotch on the rocks

HighlandPiper
06-02-11, 06:03 PM
I love Highland Cathedral!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate Green Hills, it's a Mass band and parade tune that goes on and on and on and on, as a tenor drummer it's boring.
Scotland the Brave, and Amazing Grace because we use to play them so often.
Also ANYTHING from Elvis , or any of the other cheezy little tunes.

And I LOVE green hills it's a beautiful tune! And scotland the brave!!

It's like were opposites! :rotf:

Piccadilly Piper
06-02-11, 06:35 PM
At Long Last!!!! Hate it, hate it, hate it. Ok got that off my chest.

piper_dancer
07-02-11, 03:48 PM
scotland the brave, rowan tree, wings, green hills, battles o'er, bonnie dundee, STEAMBOAT (UGH!), glendaruel highlanders, colin's cattle, dawning of the day, balmoral highlanders, the conundrum, amazing grace, highland cathedral, the maple leaf forever, mairi's wedding, the barren rocks, road to the isles, I'm sure there's MANY more that I can't think of....

...OH, and I HATE it when people play things like Star Wars on the pipes. Or any christmas carols.

HighlandPiper
07-02-11, 06:03 PM
...OH, and I HATE it when people play things like Star Wars on the pipes. Or any christmas carols.

I thought I was the only one!

When people try to play O canada or happy birthday they play it wrong!

:onrant:

piper01888
07-02-11, 09:24 PM
AG
Cock o' the North
Kenmure's up and Awa Willie[ first tune I ever learned]

HighlandPiper
08-02-11, 03:35 AM
Minstrel boy

Brown haired maiden

Rowan tree

Pumkins fancy

The blue cloud

The drunken piper

and last but not least...... ............... Moonstar :gah:

janelleTG
08-02-11, 08:31 AM
scotland the brave, rowan tree, wings, green hills, battles o'er, bonnie dundee, STEAMBOAT (UGH!), glendaruel highlanders, colin's cattle, dawning of the day, balmoral highlanders, the conundrum, amazing grace, highland cathedral, the maple leaf forever, mairi's wedding, the barren rocks, road to the isles, I'm sure there's MANY more that I can't think of....

Minstrel boy

Brown haired maiden

Rowan tree

Pumkins fancy

The blue cloud

The drunken piper

:rotf: :rotf: Oh dear, between the two of you, you just covered half my playlist :rotf:

piper_dancer
08-02-11, 03:00 PM
Minstrel boy

Brown haired maiden

Rowan tree

Pumkins fancy

The blue cloud

The drunken piper

MOONSTAR!!! That's the one I forgot!!!

I also don't like the pumpkin's fancy, and that 5/4 march...what's it called again....Cullen Bay?

ppyper1
08-02-11, 03:49 PM
Torosay Castle

HighlandPiper
08-02-11, 11:30 PM
The campbells are coming

Scottish piper
10-02-11, 05:02 PM
I've don't like the Haughs of Cromdale, seems like four different tunes stitched together.

:torn:

ppyper1
10-02-11, 05:19 PM
The 4th part of The Conundrum. I think the composer got bored and just tossed bits of brown rice onto the staff to pick the notes.

HighlandPiper
10-02-11, 06:24 PM
OH and Wi' a hundred pipers BLEKCH

janelleTG
11-02-11, 02:57 AM
A Hundred Pipers.
Particularly when it's requested so "we can sing along" Yeah well, if you're going to sing along, learn all the words, not just one line!!

Heather-McKenzie
11-02-11, 03:47 AM
old langs iron (kevin bloody wilson) ok this version isnt to bad, its fairly funny actualy
happy birthday
flower of scotland
CULLEN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its our tune up tune >:P

and a million more lol

doc10
11-02-11, 04:31 AM
scotland the brave , rowan tree, scotch on the rocks , amazing grace, green hills .. somewhat over played tunes

jennykate
11-02-11, 04:53 PM
scotland the brave , rowan tree, scotch on the rocks , amazing grace, green hills .. somewhat over played tunes

Agreed to the overplayed tunes (add Highland Laddie)...but, when they are played WELL and in TUNE by a competent band/soloist, I do still like them. But I haven't been around long enough to be truly tired of any...yet.

HighlandPiper
12-02-11, 11:28 PM
The Black Bear, But I like the secont part though.

Sashi
15-02-11, 08:41 PM
Old Aynx ine, how how ever its spelt, so does my head in every new years eve.

Scotland the brave, it brings back memories of me being chased and being subjected to a beating by the skinheads who lived up my road, I will explain, if you sing out aloud or hum scotland the brave, now replace the words with this, Hey how the lights are flashing, we go the paki bashing... I use to start runing as a boy when I heard it up to lights!! I tried to explain that I was a Indian, but they had none of it!

On the flip side my fav tune is, Strangers Dream, prob the best mystical tune ever.

HighlandPiper
15-02-11, 10:07 PM
79th farewell to gibraltar HATE IT!!! LOATHE IT! DISPISE IT!!

HighlandPiper
22-02-11, 02:14 AM
Wings

Heather-McKenzie
22-02-11, 05:22 AM
how many tunes do you know Highlandpiper??? 8-| lol you have mentioned quite a few

Scottish piper
22-02-11, 11:21 AM
how many tunes do you know Highlandpiper??? 8-| lol you have mentioned quite a few

Are there any he does like? :wink:

HighlandPiper
22-02-11, 06:03 PM
Have you seen the other people though? : P

Heather-McKenzie
23-02-11, 04:03 AM
yeh but you havent been at it long have you??? you must be fairly good if you know that many tunes already!

HighlandPiper
07-03-11, 02:09 AM
Meh all I know is that that I know enough to hate.

scaryguy
22-03-11, 07:14 PM
Duncan McInnes

ppyper1
22-03-11, 08:29 PM
Teribus!!! Have I mentioned Teribus?? If so, I hate it so much that it's worth another say "Terrible Teribus"

Piping Fool
22-03-11, 09:42 PM
scots wha hae

Piccadilly Piper
23-03-11, 06:12 PM
Teribus!!! Have I mentioned Teribus?? If so, I hate it so much that it's worth another say "Terrible Teribus"

You have mentioned that. Have I mentioned my deep hatred of At Long Last?

Athair
24-03-11, 12:58 PM
The Saffron Kilt - abysmal
...............Double post automerged..............
And I agree with Ppyper - Torosay Castle - enough already!

HighlandPiper
29-03-11, 03:22 AM
When I said Wi a hundred pipers I got mixed up with something else… I actually like that one.

??$@"—1!&:•‰#+*

Did I mention the 79th farewell to Gilbraltar? Still don't like it. 8(

jennykate
30-03-11, 03:51 AM
charlie lennon's mazurka

i'm considering starting a favorite pipe tunes, just so I can say At Long Last...but there's probably already a thread like that!

HighlandPiper
30-03-11, 05:51 AM
YES! Make one!

Piccadilly Piper
30-03-11, 06:05 AM
I was just starting to like you guys. :snowball:

If you start that thread I will just have to ignore it.

It is a nice tune the first time you hear it. I don't like it because it was given out at a workshop and we played it in class some and all people did on their breaks for 2 days was play it over and over and over and over and over and over......................... I did not like it one bit after that.

Heed
30-03-11, 08:57 AM
Why has this thread got so many entries? Are there so many crap tunes out there? Don't be negative, play even the crap ones as well as you can, and enjoy them!

Actually, I just wanted to get my 600th post up... Mine is a really awful one, believe it or not played in G1 in 1999, "A pigeon called Neil". It was embaressing.
Guys still cast it up 12 years later.

12 years????? Baws

Oh, just like to say I am NOT the Neil in the Title, he now lives in NH

HighlandPiper
30-03-11, 06:38 PM
Star Wars on bagpipes

Heed
30-03-11, 07:32 PM
Star Wars on bagpipes

Ok , I'll give you that one... but it's not a PIPE tune. If we can stretch out that way, my cadets used to drive me daft with the "haribo" advert tune. And anything by the chillies, which they couldnt play.

HighlandPiper
30-03-11, 08:00 PM
I know it's not a pipe tune, but I'm not exactly into people playing that kind of stuff.

When listening to bagpipe music I prefer the traditional good old strathspeys, piobaireachd, and other stuff.

Well I'm getting carried away, most of these tunes that they mention I prefer to hear just with the pipes & nothing else.

Andrew M. Stewart
30-03-11, 10:37 PM

No legion band is ever going to let you play with them now.

:tumbleweed:

HighlandPiper
31-03-11, 04:42 AM
No legion band is ever going to let you play with them now.

:tumbleweed:

Amen!

mrsnickevo2rs
31-03-11, 07:38 PM
My dislikes are Bonnie Gallowa, Rowan Tree, Green Hills of Tyrol and Brown Haired Maiden. Sorry to say this but they are the most played tunes here in the U.K and they are played in most events here even for the Queen and I am sure she would like to hear new tunes too instead of the same old same old. !!

HighlandPiper
04-04-11, 05:05 AM
My dislikes are Bonnie Gallowa, Rowan Tree, Green Hills of Tyrol and Brown Haired Maiden. Sorry to say this but they are the most played tunes here in the U.K and they are played in most events here even for the Queen and I am sure she would like to hear new tunes too instead of the same old same old. !!

Yeah, like some Willie Ross tunes. Or gordon Duncan

04-04-11, 09:29 AM
Its not a pipe tune, but "Send in the Clowns" I had a PM that made, yes made the band play it! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I hate the original then to have to play it in the band!!! It was the worst thing I ever had to do in a band and I've done some bad things.

longrifle
03-09-11, 09:10 PM
Amazing grace, should be banned on life imprisonment if caught playing,humming or whistling it.

zeeew
06-09-11, 02:21 PM
I could go for quite a while without hearing either Green Hills or Barren Rocks of Aden and be just fine, thank you. Those tunes do this to me: :meh:

Piccadilly Piper
06-09-11, 02:46 PM
We only played Green Hills/Battles o'er what a billion times this past weekend. I could do without that set for a while too.

Vikki
06-09-11, 11:57 PM
my least fave would be a lotta hymns... i think that partly stems back to doin a parade with a band when i was quite young (i can't even remember what band it was... not one i was ever in, I just lead them this day) and pretty much all they played was hymns... it wasn't for a church service or anything where hymns were expected.

I see a lotta people have mentioned rowan tree / green hills / battles o'er... i haven't got sick of any of them yet. Having said that, the longest I've been playing any of them is 6-8 months... I'm not even sick of the first ones I learnt less than a year ago. Maybe I need more time to start hating some of them!

HighlandPiper
27-12-11, 04:52 AM
I rather dislike amazing grace, overrated.

scaryguy
05-04-12, 07:31 PM
An Orkney Wedding

doc10
13-04-12, 01:19 AM
Scotch on the rocks ..