PDA

View Full Version : Bannatyne Inverted Bag

craigiehall
27-02-11, 11:31 AM
I was wondering if any of you good folk have tried the new Bannatyne Inverted Bag, i am a left handed piper here in New Zealand and have ordered one as i find it really difficult to get good left hand bags, and i need a spare 'just in case'!

Currently using the synthetic/hide left hand bag for 2 years now, and i am just getting jittery i suppose, added that to curiosity of what Bannatyne claim it can do.

Any thoughts?

redneck
14-03-11, 09:36 PM
Craig or Gary at Bannatyne will be only to glad to answer any questions, better going to the man himself rather than ask someone who hasn't even seen / used it.

Waiting on one getting posted to me, but until then am a bit like you, in the dark, what I do like is the direct tying in, was never 100% totally convinced with the self fitting collars ( although they seemed to work ok, just my dinosaur attitude maybe lol ), being able to tie the bag directly to the stocks will have a bit more flexibility too in positioning your drones, chanter & blow-stick stocks.

Heed
15-03-11, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=redneck;272290]Craig or Gary at Bannatyne will be only to glad to answer any questions, better going to the man himself rather than ask someone who hasn't even seen / used it.

QUOTE]

YEP!!

mrsnickevo2rs
09-04-11, 06:35 PM
I use this bag myseld and I am on a medium sized and to be honest it is rather superior in my opinion to other bags which I have tried over the last 20 years of piping.. I find it is much easier to use and more hardy too. Not sure of the left handed version but I am sure it is no different to the quality that I receive from them as a right handed version..

RainyDayPiper
16-12-12, 06:57 AM
Craig or Gary at Bannatyne will be only to glad to answer any questions, better going to the man himself rather than ask someone who hasn't even seen / used it.

Waiting on one getting posted to me, but until then am a bit like you, in the dark, what I do like is the direct tying in, was never 100% totally convinced with the self fitting collars ( although they seemed to work ok, just my dinosaur attitude maybe lol ), being able to tie the bag directly to the stocks will have a bit more flexibility too in positioning your drones, chanter & blow-stick stocks.

So, more than a year later, what do you think? I just got one, and the quality is really good (and the look; I wasn't expecting the material to be green!), but I found it quite difficult to tie in; tough to pull the material around the stock to tie with, compared with a hide bag. Swan neck could have been a bit more swanned (trying to get rid of chanter fling), but the feel, weight, and seal are great.