PDA

View Full Version : Bannatyne hide bag

HighlandPiper
20-03-11, 06:14 AM
Just found out that they are coming with a bannatyne hybrid bag. How much maintanence does it require? Should I get a moisture control system? What type do you reccommend?

I was thinking about the bottle water trap, but I don't know very much about it.

craigiehall
20-03-11, 12:25 PM
Do you mean the hide/synthetic? Or the new inverted bag?

Scottish piper
20-03-11, 03:14 PM
If you're talking about the hide/synthetic bag (with the rubber things), then I could offer a bit of help. I certainly recommend this bag if you're wanting to go down the synthetic bag route - the hide gives the bag a nice secure feel under the arm, unlike some of the thinner, non-hybrid bags. If you're wanting to use any synthetic bag, use some form of moisture control. If you're a wet blower (that is, you find that alot of moisture comes out when you breathe) then use something more substantial, like a ross or a v3.

Another advantage of a synthetic bag over natural (hide and sheepskin) is that it requires alot less maintenace. I've used the Bannatyne hybrid for about 5 years now, and all I've had to do is unzip the bag after playing and remove any moisture control.

I'd thorougly recommend the Bannatyne hybird bag.

HighlandPiper
20-03-11, 07:25 PM
Do you mean the hide/synthetic? Or the new inverted bag?

Yes that is the one

Scottish piper
20-03-11, 09:17 PM
That doesn't clarify anything...