PDA

View Full Version : Our wee band from Texas

Tommy
20-09-06, 11:19 PM
We finally made it on YouTube!

Here's a few links;

G-5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=496PSnXb2tU&feature=PlayList&p=DDE74C9EE0C6F4B0&index=0

G-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0joArWL3xiE&feature=PlayList&p=DDE74C9EE0C6F4B0&index=5

G-3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5aqXDPpcf0&feature=PlayList&p=DDE74C9EE0C6F4B0&index=10

You can watch all the bands including the brand new "Westminster" out of Oklahoma City, who had to start out and compete in G-4 this year,.......what do you think?:bg:

Celtic Mitch
21-09-06, 02:27 AM
Tommy, that was cool; thanks for that! I was looking for you but the video quality is not all that good on youtube..but...nae worries..I know you played most excellent!

HOpe you guys make it up to Maxville one of these years....

Scarlet O'Hair
21-09-06, 03:50 AM
Cool Tommy! Thanks for sharing!

Heilan Mary
21-09-06, 09:59 AM
They vids are great and the setting looks lovely. Never seen a judge dressed like that before.

Dai Robb
21-09-06, 11:25 AM
Hey thanks for that Tommy, always great to see what happens the other side of the water, and listen to bands that you would not normally even hear of.

Pete Walen
21-09-06, 02:32 PM
Not bad at all. It will be even better when you play Caberfeidh with the midsection scores Sandy got from an "outside resource." :bg:

Tommy
21-09-06, 04:16 PM
Not bad at all. It will be even better when you play Caberfeidh with the midsection scores Sandy got from an "outside resource." :bg:

I can't wait to hear them,...I'll ask him about them next Monday. Caberfeidh's my favorite selection,...the pipers don't like it, but we do, it's a fun score to play.

Mitch, at my age I've learned to shy away from the camera,....I'm hiding behind the bass drummer.

When I asked you all about what you thought, I didn't mean our band,...I meant about Westminster and how awesome they are. I re-read my original post and thought; "Man,..that sounds kinda stuck-up."
We made enough mistakes that I really had to think about posting the link, but I thought about how much I'd love to see videos of you guys and your bands, and decided to post them anyhow.

Oh,...and Mary, the judge was on a flight with our lead tip and the flights got all screwed up,....I'm assuming they lost some of her luggage. The two of them were lucky to have even made it to the games.

Pete Walen
21-09-06, 04:33 PM
Westminster had some help getting ready to compete. One of their instructors, a drummer, marched off with them at Alma - in the hodge-podge of kilts they had in May, its not like one more kilt would stick out, although the waistcoat certainly was a give-away. :whistle:

Mitch knows him. He and his brother are leaving their current band to play with a band in Toronto.

We'll see about next year, eh? Come up to Maxville. Its worth the trip.

Tommy
21-09-06, 04:51 PM
Westminster had some help getting ready to compete. One of their instructors, a drummer, marched off with them at Alma - in the hodge-podge of kilts they had in May, its not like one more kilt would stick out, although the waistcoat certainly was a give-away. :whistle:

Mitch knows him. He and his brother are leaving their current band to play with a band in Toronto.

We'll see about next year, eh? Come up to Maxville. Its worth the trip.

Thanks I'd love to,.....and as for drumline, I know all about it,... Westminster's from right here in town, a buddy of mine is in the snare line.

tartaniac
26-09-06, 12:53 AM
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.