PDA

View Full Version : POR absence

Piper of Rose
21-09-06, 09:25 PM
I want to say a quick hello from the POR side of things. Sorry I have not been able to be active for awhile. I was prompted by Dai as to where the heck I was. So I responded to him and now to all of YALL.

First, I started yet another new job. This is one is the bomb (For Dai's sake that means good). But it is keeping me very busy running the local roads and bringing in business. I like to be busy it keeps me out of trouble.

Second, I am still in the middle of completeing a major house renovation to the house I moved into in May. It is taking a bit of time to finish. But we are now painting and the floor is next.

Third the band has been very busy. I am the band manager so I have been busy. This month had a piping event every single weekend and had a few events through the week. Included in this was a performance with the University of Tennesse band at the Tennessee Theater and a performance in front of the audience of Golfer Greg Norman. This coming Saturday will entail yet another performance with the University of Tennessee band in Neyland stadium in front of an audience of 107,000 screaming fans. Can not wait and this will be young Drummer of Rose's first UT field performance. Just wait till he looks up and sees 107,000 people. It is a hugh rush. But I have set all this up and now I know why we only play with UT every 3 years.

So when the house is finished I should be back in the grove at least at night, occasionally. The day time logon is over for me now, no way I will have the time to log on except of a very rare occasion. So pray for the house to finish up and I will talk to you soon.

Again if anyone is in the area of the Great Smokey Mountains please look me up. If you want to say a quick hello shoot me an email. I miss you knuckleheads.

I will talk soon,

Piper of Rose
John V. Rose
looser of time and all that goes with it.

Look Dai's illegitimate sheep son got loose and became a smilie.:troll:

piper_dancer
21-09-06, 09:46 PM
YAY POR IS BACK! we Missed you dearly!

Nowan
22-09-06, 03:21 AM
You take it easy mate...

we'll see you when you're all settled...

have fun at the ut-gigs!

drumpretzel
22-09-06, 03:29 AM
UGH! Why would 107 000 screaming fans want to look at a mug like that???
LOL!

Have fun at those gigs and come back soon! ( I think DAI misses your unique humour!! haha)

Dan.

Dai Robb
22-09-06, 10:33 AM
Great to see my Sparring partner back in full swing, and yep you are right Dan, I do miss the craic, lets be honest when he has a go, he does it well LOL
I am sure we all pray that things go well with the House and the job John, I know I am rooting for you. And tell young Drummer of Rose 'Uncle Dai' wishes him a special good luck on his debut, he will rock I know. Hurry back Mate.

tartaniac
26-09-06, 01:18 AM
So when the house is finished I should be back in the grove at least at night, occasionally.

What's in the Grove? Can we come watch? Is there room for us all?

Piper of Rose
26-09-06, 01:27 PM
What's in the Grove? Can we come watch? Is there room for us all?

Fruit trees for fruits like you:scarl:

Dai Robb
26-09-06, 02:55 PM
Woops, POR get out of the wrong side of the wrong bed today then??LOL

Piper of Rose
26-09-06, 10:01 PM
Actually moved the bed into the new bed room this weekend. So it was the right bed but on the side I'm not used to.

SO THERE PFFFFFFTT:bedtime: :irishman: :kait: :notlistening: