PDA

View Full Version : McCallum Drones Cracking!

Piccadilly Piper
04-06-11, 02:36 AM
Has anyone else had problems with McCallum drones cracking?

Today when doing some maintenance on my pipes I found that my bass and outside tenor drone had cracks down at the reed seat. Both are big enough that they leak air. This is not the first time I have found cracks in my drones. Not long after I got my pipes I found a crack in a bottom tenor section, McCallum replaced it, all was ok except the mounts did not match and they refused to do anything about it. Then about a year ago I found a crack in a top tenor section. McCallum replaced that part as well. These both looked like defects in the wood.

Before you ask, yes I maintain my pipes. I keep them as comfortable as possible. I worked my tail off to afford them so I do all that I can to make sure they are taken care of. I make sure I dry them out if they are exposed to any excess moisture such as playing in cool weather, I never leave them in the car, and so on. Even with all that I do could I be doing something wrong?

My 2 years on the guarantee was done as of March so I doubt they will do anything about it. I will not buy McCallums again, this is only a taste of the problems I have had with this set of pipes and with other McCallum products. I just hope I can figure something out for competition in a week. Good news is I will probably get out of the parade tomorrow.

ppyper1
04-06-11, 05:29 AM
I had the top of a tenor drone crack and they replace it straight away. Haven't had problems since. Give him a shout and tell him the issue, he's really cool. Do you need his email?

Piccadilly Piper
04-06-11, 06:03 AM
I have Stuart's email address, and Rory Gossarts, and someone else's too. With all the problems I have had they probably roll their eyes when I send an email. I will send another, but I am really to the point that I don't want the pipes anymore. Just like the stupid MG reeds I finally gave up, they are just crap. Then again it may not have been the reeds, it may have been these crap drones.

I think I got the cracks to stop leaking air, we will see tomorrow I guess.

Gene Mitchell
04-06-11, 07:04 AM
I have had similar issues. It happens a lot when wood is not well seasoned also other factors like extreme temperature changes and extreme changes in moisture in the wood. I am sure Mccallum will make good on your issues but this is good to know for the future. I say the best customer service is not having to use it

Sean
04-06-11, 02:05 PM
I can't say for sure but I have heard that some pipe makers these days crank out sets of drones so fast that sometimes the wood hasn't seasoned yet.
That said, the guys at McCallum are great and I'd be surprised if they didn't help you out.

Mark J.
04-06-11, 02:44 PM
Having never dealt with McCallum's directly until recently, I couldn't comment on their customer service, and really still can't at the moment. I can, however, comment that they are top notch guys - I emailed them recently asking for sponsorship for something in the works; they couldn't help me out there, but they did send me a little something to stick into a band raffle.

ppyper1
05-06-11, 12:36 AM
Cameron...I oil my pipes every conference weekend with bore oil. Do you oil your pipes? It may help.

Piccadilly Piper
05-06-11, 12:52 AM
Cameron...I oil my pipes every conference weekend with bore oil. Do you oil your pipes? It may help.

I do oil them, twice a year, about the same time you do.

Bklynorthcop
05-06-11, 01:27 AM
I found a crack about midway to the top of the bass drone coming from the ferrules. It was my fault being they sat in a room for years with no oiling. The room was temperature controlled but it was still a bad move. Pipes were purchased in 2004 and have held up great overall.

I'm happy that I've only found one crack that doesn't seem to be that deep and doesn't leak and doesn't affect playing, (I found it while doing maintenance and a leak check). I actually mailed them to McCallum Friday and they will be there by Tuesday. So far communication has been great! I'll update you on my progress.

I guess letting them sit for 7 years before using them handled any potential problems with the wood not being properly seasoned huh :)

Mark J.
05-06-11, 03:28 AM

Are you mental???? Or (without undermining your credibility on here) are you sane??? Why would you oil a set of pipes more than once a year?????????????????????????????????????????????

Oiling them twice a year is just mental....if you play your pipe s at all...

I do oil them, twice a year, about the same time you do.

I found a crack about midway to the top of the bass drone coming from the ferrules. It was my fault being they sat in a room for years with no oiling. The room was temperature controlled but it was still a bad move. Pipes were purchased in 2004 and have held up great overall.

I'm happy that I've only found one crack that doesn't seem to be that deep and doesn't leak and doesn't affect playing, (I found it while doing maintenance and a leak check). I actually mailed them to McCallum Friday and they will be there by Tuesday. So far communication has been great! I'll update you on my progress.

I guess letting them sit for 7 years before using them handled any potential problems with the wood not being properly seasoned huh :)

Loook...if you have a crack in your pipes from a set of 2004 pipes, I can ojnly imagine it's you to blame!!

If I buy a set of antique pipes & complain later ohn of a doul sounding tenor, ot's only my on fault!!

Do you want to buy my Robertsoin's???

Patrick McLaurin
05-06-11, 05:34 AM
Do you want to buy my Robertsoin's???

Still haven't sold 'em yet eh?

I've never oiled my pipes. They're supposed to be dry when turned, why one would want to reintroduce liquid, I have no idea. Granted, that's a 1950's set of Henderson's and a set of 2009 Gellaitry's (thanks Gene!). 1 pipe that's proven it doesn't need it with time, and one pipe that won't need it because the wood was dry when the pieces were turned. Getting what you pay for is an adage for a reason.

I've never been fond of MG reeds. The tongue on a set I had kept splitting the bridle and they never settled. Selbie's work well in McCallum's I hear, as with many other pipes.

Mark J.
05-06-11, 10:39 AM
Didn't realise til I read that that I'd been on here last night; excuse the drink please!

No, I've not sold my pipes yet - I've actually not been making much of an effort really, but we'll see what happens.

As for not oiling your pipes - if they're played often, they won't need oiled. And a lot of people will argue against oiling at all. But ABW is an oily wood and, based on that, i'm an advocate of oiling...if the wood starts to dry up...ie, when the pipes not been played for many months/years

AndyD
05-06-11, 03:16 PM
Didn't realise til I read that that I'd been on here last night; excuse the drink please!

No, I've not sold my pipes yet - I've actually not been making much of an effort really, but we'll see what happens.

As for not oiling your pipes - if they're played often, they won't need oiled. And a lot of people will argue against oiling at all. But ABW is an oily wood and, based on that, i'm an advocate of oiling...if the wood starts to dry up...ie, when the pipes not been played for many months/years

Hello Mark,
the big differance is the climate. We don't have the swings of hot and cold that say Utah has. Cold winter air, which is then warmed in the home has very little humidity and will zap the moisture out of anything.

I speak not as a piper but as a HVAC Technician. I would think the same set of pipes that cracked would have been fine in the UK.

Kind Regards Andy D

Bklynorthcop
05-06-11, 06:49 PM
Loook...if you have a crack in your pipes from a set of 2004 pipes, I can ojnly imagine it's you to blame!!

If I buy a set of antique pipes & complain later ohn of a doul sounding tenor, ot's only my on fault!!

Do you want to buy my Robertsoin's???[/QUOTE]

Mark,

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to convey. I don't know if it sounded like I was trying to blame anyone but myself, if that's what is sounded like please let me clarify.

I was trying to get the point across that for having let them sit in a room for 7 years (even one that was temp controlled and not too cold, hot or excessively humid at any given point), that one small crack that does not leak air is not at all bad. It is only my opinion that the damage could have been much much worse and shows the quality of the material and craftsmanship to be top of the line.

When I did spark them up, they played perfectly. Now they are off to McCallums for repair and a full inspection. Once returned it should be smooth sailing now that I know more about maintenance (and learning more each day). I fully support the McCallum brand as being a quality bagpipe and worth every penny I spent on it. However, if I ever pick up another set as my ability to play the pipes progresses, I may strongly consider a set of Hendersons (keeping my McCallums forever of course).

kiltedsniper
06-06-11, 01:01 AM
I've dealt with McCallum's a few times, I wouldn't worry about the warranty being up, they are awesome when it comes to customer service. My PM told me about a person who set their pipes on the ground behind their vehichle..(why I have no idea), but, they ended up backing over their pipes and McCallum replaced the whole set.

Piccadilly Piper
06-06-11, 01:54 AM
Yes I oil twice a year. As noted before heat in the home during winter dries everything and our average humidity in the summer is not even worth recording it is so low.

I wish I still had the pictures I took to show McCallum the defects that were in the wood. I still have the part, maybe I will retake the pictures.

Zipperhead
06-06-11, 04:05 AM
I have had several cracks in my Naills over the years. This doesn't mean that Naill makes bad pipes. Several of the cracks I can say came from abuse (hard to always baby the pipes when conditions are not ideal). A few cracks came after I was separated from my pipes and I can't speak for how they were treated while I was a way. Just because you have had problems with the McCallums doesn't mean that all McCallums are bad pipes. Still there are many choices out there and if you truly do not trust McCallum then so be it. I would recomend that you think about an older set. If they are 20+ and not warped or cracked than you should be safe.

Piccadilly Piper
06-06-11, 05:44 AM
I never meant all McCallums are bad pipes, I simply wanted to know if anyone else has had similar issues. Talked to my pipe sergeant about it Saturday and he knows of several people that have had problems with them cracking. Maybe my set just has some bad wood. I sent an email off to McCallum Friday late, we will see what they say.

Piccadilly Piper
06-06-11, 02:29 PM
Stuart McCallum returned my email this morning. He requested pictures of the cracked sections that need to be replaced and said 'we will get this sorted'.

I already sealed the cracks with some superglue. I am hoping they will hold and not leak until after the contest on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed.

ppyper1
07-06-11, 01:39 AM
Ummmm......since my band is competing against your band, I think I'll refrain from finger crossing. Sorry. Any other time, I'd be happy to oblige. :rotf: :bg: :wink:

Piccadilly Piper
07-06-11, 02:17 AM
Got pictures taken to send to McCallum. I will let you all know how it goes.

Ummmm......since my band is competing against your band, I think I'll refrain from finger crossing. Sorry. Any other time, I'd be happy to oblige. :rotf: :bg: :wink:

I hope your kilt doesn't fit. Oh wait it already doesn't. Hmmm..... no other comeback.

Well I hope you play well, just not as good as we do.

Andrew M. Stewart
07-06-11, 02:22 PM
My 2 years on the guarantee was done as of March so I doubt they will do anything about it. I will not buy McCallums again, this is only a taste of the problems I have had with this set of pipes and with other McCallum products. I just hope I can figure something out for competition in a week. Good news is I will probably get out of the parade tomorrow.

They replaceD two sections on mine that cracked for free, two years after the warrantee expired. Drop them a line, you never know. They have the best customer service in the business.

Piccadilly Piper
07-06-11, 02:53 PM
I got the pictures sent out last night. Stuart McCallum emailed an invoice today and said they will get replacements out as soon as possible. What is sad is that he has my address on file.

Even still I am looking at getting new pipes. I just have to convince the wife I need them. :rotf:

So I did some research on my other cracks. Found the first one in May 2010 and the second one in Nov 2010. I also found the pictures that I took of those.

In the pictures, the first two are the crack in the tenor bottom, from inside and out. The second 3 are the Tenor top section outside and inside.

Andrew M. Stewart
07-06-11, 03:48 PM
What kind of heating/cooling system do you have in your house? Do you have a dehumidifier? Might want to try keeping a jar with a wet rag in it with holes drill in the top of the jar in your pipe box.

Piccadilly Piper
07-06-11, 04:20 PM
I have forced air heating, no dehumidfier, there is not enough humidity to dehumidify here. I store the pipes in my bedroom where I use a humidfier in the winter. Our house is old so the heating is not vented to the rooms upstairs where the bedrooms are, only to the hallway, we have to use space heaters when it gets really cold out.

I don't do anything different with them than anyone else around here does. In fact I probably take better care of my pipes. Maybe I need to stop trying to take care of them.

baxdrum
07-06-11, 10:30 PM

Is that this coming weekend?!? Oh brother!

Piccadilly Piper
07-06-11, 10:37 PM
Is that this coming weekend?!? Oh brother!

Yep, in 4 days.

redneck
09-06-11, 08:29 PM
@ Mark, hello m8, I oil my drones twice a year also. Have done since I was 14yrs old as instructed by my tutor Harry Stevenson Snr.

This method has stood by all these years. Lightly oiled prior to contest season 'n then again after the season ends.

None of this pouring oil inda the drones crap, jeeze. Who in their right mind would pour oil inda the drones until it runs out ?. Sometimes a little knowledge can be very dangerous.

There should be an in-depth thread somewhere I done a while back regarding this very subject.

Treat yer drone bore like a rifle bore, lightly oiled rag, pull through. Then again wi a dry rag... simple, yer no doin' an oil change on a car.

The Internet is ripe wi good advice, but sadly there's more misleading advice than good.
Yet again I suggest these past threads be made a sticky so people can reffer back anytime they need some advice on reed selection ( cane / tupperware ), hemping solutions AND proper oiling techniques.

tim gellaitry
10-06-11, 06:38 PM
hi,
I've had a look at the pictures of the cracks,I think that they may have left the factory in that condition.The pictures of the internal bores are not cracks that may have happened through lack of care or excess dryness or humidity.They are defects in the wood, I've seen this many times .They must have slipped passed quality control,if you have to examine many pieces at a time this can happen especially if the light hits the bore the wrong way you can just miss them.
If they don't leak air they will not affect the performance of the pipes.

all the best,

Tim

Piccadilly Piper
10-06-11, 06:54 PM
Tim, yes that is what I figured. McCallum replaced these parts previously. They do not leak and the parts McCallum sent do not match my set perfectly so I am still playing these parts, and keeping the replacements in reserve.

The cracks I got mad about and started this thread are different. I was too worried about getting them sealed so I could play in competiton tomorrow that I did not get pictures of them.

Piccadilly Piper
22-06-11, 12:58 AM
Stuart McCallum emailed today with an invoice stating the replacement parts have been shipped.

Piccadilly Piper
07-07-11, 03:51 AM
So my replacement parts arrived today. The mounts are lighter than my original ones just like one of my previous replacement part. I never put the first replacement part on because the color was so different. Now I figured that since I have all the bottom drone sections matching I would replace them all. This would leave the middle bass section and the blowpipe with a different color mount. Well when I was preparing to change them out I noticed that the first replacement tenor section has a smaller bore than that of the latest replacement and the original ones. I mean it is visually noticeable. I do not have a set of calipers to get an exact measurement but this is what I was able to get. The smaller bore measures around 5/16 inch (7.925mm) and the larger bore is around 11/32 inch (8.712mm)

Is this an issue? I have not put it on and tried to play it, but I figure it will change the way it tunes and it's sound.

I have already sent another email off to Stuart to see what he says. I was even nice and polite this time.

I have attached pictures for your enjoyment.

John Bolt
07-07-11, 04:55 PM
I have AB4D's and I'm really happy with them. One thing that did miff me at first was I had to take most of the hemp from my Canning reeds because the bores are awful small and then I had a problem with the falling out.

What I did was put one single layer of hemp on as tight and as close together as I could and the reeds sort of screw in and are really tight and problem free.

Anyway that's likely why the bores are smaller because of the cracking problem

weasclan
07-07-11, 06:43 PM
So my replacement parts arrived today. The mounts are lighter than my original ones just like one of my previous replacement part. I never put the first replacement part on because the color was so different. Now I figured that since I have all the bottom drone sections matching I would replace them all. This would leave the middle bass section and the blowpipe with a different color mount. Well when I was preparing to change them out I noticed that the first replacement tenor section has a smaller bore than that of the latest replacement and the original ones. I mean it is visually noticeable. I do not have a set of calipers to get an exact measurement but this is what I was able to get. The smaller bore measures around 5/16 inch (7.925mm) and the larger bore is around 11/32 inch (8.712mm)

Is this an issue? I have not put it on and tried to play it, but I figure it will change the way it tunes and it's sound.

I have already sent another email off to Stuart to see what he says. I was even nice and polite this time.

I have attached pictures for your enjoyment.

I wonder if the mounts will darken up some as they age? I could see how it would be hard for them to match a natural material for color. The replacement pieces having different bores, I would call a problem though.

Nice of them to do the replacements out of warranty, but...

Good luck,
Matt

Piccadilly Piper
07-07-11, 07:09 PM
So McCallum got back with me about my drone bore issue. I also made mention of the different color of mounts in the email, but said it was no big deal. I was figuring on having to send that part back so they could make it the proper size.

When Stuart emailed me back he offered to replace my entire set with an upgraded new one. :faint: I emailed back and said it would be fine to replace the drone piece and they said they want to replace the whole set.

Now the dillema I will have is do I want to play the new set or sell them as new and buy something else.

Zipperhead
08-07-11, 12:34 AM
I would say they are bending over backward to prove they have the best service in town. I have never heard of service even close to that before. With their new 5 year warrantee on all new pipes and free upgrade of defective instruments they will soon either be out of business or the only ones left standing. I guess wiether you keep the new pipes or trade them in is up to you, but I'd probably give them a try to check the sound at least first. Only wish my dealings with Naill had been as enjoyable as your luck with McCallum. Congrats on the new pipes.

rpeitzsch
08-07-11, 12:55 AM
To me it makes perfect business sense. They wouldn't want to have those pipes floating around out there with cracks or lots of fixed parts, its not good for their reputation.

Piccadilly Piper
08-07-11, 01:17 AM
To me it makes perfect business sense. They wouldn't want to have those pipes floating around out there with cracks or lots of fixed parts, its not good for their reputation.

They said they would send a return shipping label for the old ones, but I only had to send them when I was completely satisfied with the new ones. I guess I will give the new ones a try and see how I like them.

They said they would get them done next week and sent out ASAP. Took around 7 months to get my current set from them. I hope they don't hurry them out and send me another set with problems.

reedmaster
08-07-11, 01:17 AM
Sounds like you have something to look forward to. You are certainly getting great service especially since they're past warrranty.

Piccadilly Piper
08-07-11, 01:29 AM
Sounds like you have something to look forward to. You are certainly getting great service especially since they're past warrranty.

Yes, you are right they are doing all that I can to be sure I am happy with their product. I did not expect them to do anything past the warranty. Unless they are backdating the new 5 year warranty, then I still qualify.

I still have not figured out if I am looking forward to a new set. I may just end up starting over with all of the issues. :torn: I am gratefull for all that they have done, I may not have expressed it on here, but I am. Maybe a new set will fix all my drone reed issues and not crack. Then I will be very happy and so so very gratefull.

Patrick McLaurin
08-07-11, 06:54 PM
Let's just hope you like the way the upgraded set looks! Maybe they meant to say "updated" instead of "upgraded", as "upgraded" would leave a lot of possibilities open for how they'll look.

Piccadilly Piper
08-07-11, 07:49 PM
Upgraded and updated. They offered engraving and imitation ivory that my current set does not have. I elected to stick with the mopane, because I do not like imitation ivory. I did go with the engraving. It also sounds like they may have changed the bore profile a little since my original set. So then it will be updated.

Scott Russell
08-07-11, 11:00 PM
It's sounds as though McCallum Bagpipes has gone above and beyond to make this situation right for you. You will be more than happy with the new set I'm sure. All pipe makes crack, but not all pipe makers stand behind their product like McCallum has in this situation.

It's usually the quick variations in humidity that cause the cracks, so do your best to keep them in a consistent higher humidity atmosphere (case humidifiers etc), especially in Utah. How many pipes have cracked from being in a rainy parade or competition, and then just tossed in their case until the next time the player plays?

Piccadilly Piper
08-07-11, 11:22 PM
It's usually the quick variations in humidity that cause the cracks, so do your best to keep them in a consistent higher humidity atmosphere (case humidifiers etc), especially in Utah. How many pipes have cracked from being in a rainy parade or competition, and then just tossed in their case until the next time the player plays?

Wouldn't keeping a humidifier in my case create a quick variation in humidity every time I take them out of the humidified case to the dry air of Utah?

Scott Russell
09-07-11, 12:52 AM
Hopefully you would be playing them, and keeping the humidity up with your blowing. It's the drying out in your case after a good blow that's the concern.

Piccadilly Piper
27-07-11, 03:08 PM
For anyone that is still following this thread, I just want to say what great guys they are over there at McCallum. They are doing all they can to make sure I will be proud to have this new set. I must say I am finally starting to get really excited for them. I was thinking of just selling the new set and trying someone else. I can not after all they have done to fix this and make me happy.

I had communication with them earlier this week and they are still working on them. I will post more later.

Zipperhead
27-07-11, 04:31 PM
It has sounded like they have done all they can so far to keep you as a happy customer. I must say I've never heard of service like that. Seems they have bent over backwards here. Only wish the service I have historically received from Naill was even comparable. If McCallum keeps this up they will either be bankrupt or the only manufacturer left standing. Best of luck.

Piccadilly Piper
27-07-11, 04:43 PM
With all that they have done for me, I think I would/will buy McCallum again. How could I afford not to?

Sorry Naill has not been this good to you. How are your refurbished pipes and your new ones?

Zipperhead
27-07-11, 07:30 PM
The new pipes are awesome. I have never had that sound before. It's really what I have always felt was the sound to strive for, and therefore Naill was the best choice for me.

The old pipes are back together, but my plan to keep both sets going so that I'd have a set of rainy day pipes hasn't worked out that well. I can only practice for short periods due to my hand and back so it's hard enough to keep one set ready to go. The old set doesn't have the same sound either, making them not as apealing to me to play as well.

Really I can't say Naill has mistreated me in anyway, yet they definately were not jumping over hurdles to make sure I was happy like McCallum has been with you. If time is not a factor, and you like being kept in the dark as to how long your order will take, then Naill did fine in their service to me. It's just frustrating when you can't get a straight answer when you have spent what you think is allot of money on a set of pipes. I know there are allot more expensive sets out there than what I bought, but to me it was allot of money.

Anyway, if we think back to the start of this thread, in the beginning I was the one saying that McCallum seemed to be giving you exceptional service, and I'm happy to see that in the end that service seems to have won you over. Service is the one aspect in todays world that seems to be really lacking. It's nice to see a business be rewarded for providing it.

Piccadilly Piper
27-07-11, 07:51 PM
Really I can't say Naill has mistreated me in anyway, yet they definately were not jumping over hurdles to make sure I was happy like McCallum has been with you. If time is not a factor, and you like being kept in the dark as to how long your order will take, then Naill did fine in their service to me. It's just frustrating when you can't get a straight answer when you have spent what you think is allot of money on a set of pipes. I know there are allot more expensive sets out there than what I bought, but to me it was allot of money.

Anyway, if we think back to the start of this thread, in the beginning I was the one saying that McCallum seemed to be giving you exceptional service, and I'm happy to see that in the end that service seems to have won you over. Service is the one aspect in todays world that seems to be really lacking. It's nice to see a business be rewarded for providing it.

I understand feeling like you spent a lot of money. I worked a ton of overtime, went with out things and scrapped the penny jar to pay for mine. A big part of why I was so upset with the problems I was having. I would never be able to afford another set in my current financial state.

Yes, the exceptional, above and beyond customer service has changed my mind. With some of the strongly worded emails I sent them and then having them stick by me the entire time is what has changed my mind. I hope they have accepted my apologies and gratitude I have expressed to them recently.

Piccadilly Piper
15-08-11, 06:00 PM
I got an update Friday that said the pipes are coming along and to expect shippment soon. Getting quite excited. Too bad I didn't have the new pipes when they showed me on the news piping at a fallen soldier memorial.

zeeew
19-08-11, 06:42 AM
Ya I am waiting to see them also. Cause shiny pipes hurt my eyes. Are you going to make it to Ft Bridger?

Piccadilly Piper
19-08-11, 12:54 PM
Ya I am waiting to see them also. Cause shiny pipes hurt my eyes. Are you going to make it to Ft Bridger?

Welcome to the forum Eric. I am telling you bits that are supposed to be shiny need to be polished. Antiqued bits are left to look antique. I don't think I will be going to Ft. Bridger, I cant afford to take the time off.

zeeew
20-08-11, 05:56 AM
Well, if I dont polish the parts that are suppose to be shiny, then they will become antique :)

Piccadilly Piper
20-08-11, 01:04 PM
Well, if I dont polish the parts that are suppose to be shiny, then they will become antique :)

No that just makes them un-polished shiny bits.

And a side note this is post 700 for me.

ppyper1
20-08-11, 10:55 PM
I"m working on getting to 4000. LOL

My pipes have nickel. I don't have to polish, I can just wipe them on any old thing and it takes about 4 seconds.

Piccadilly Piper
20-08-11, 11:00 PM
Lucky, my current ones are nickel and I have to use polish on them.

Flyrod
21-08-11, 06:40 AM
Mine are "antiqued" nickel. They're SUPPOSED to look aged. No shining required. Thanks McCallum!!

Piccadilly Piper
01-09-11, 06:30 PM
Pipes shipped today! :bananadancer: I can't wait.

*Update* Looks like they will be here on 9/6. I am off work that day too. :wave:

zeeew
03-09-11, 06:20 AM
You are off that day? How am I suppose to wait in the car by your house to sign for your pipes if you are home?

See you at Bridger.

Piccadilly Piper
05-09-11, 07:39 PM
Just a note, don't let bandmates know when your new pipes are coming they may plan a heist.

The band played at an event this weekend at Fort Bridger, WY for a Mountain Man Rendezvous. I got razed all weekend about how they were going to all be waiting to get my pipes.

zeeew
06-09-11, 04:02 AM
So my new pipes are, for some reason, going to your house tomorrow. Why is that? You will hold them for me tho right?

Scottish piper
06-09-11, 10:09 AM
Could we start a new thread on McCallum pipes? It's kind of unfair on McCallum that all of their product chat is taking place on a thread called 'McCallum Drones Cracking!'.

That problem has been rectified, please let this thread die.

:collie: woof

Piccadilly Piper
06-09-11, 03:44 PM
Ok, I will start a new thread called "McCallum's Outstanding Customer Service" when I get the new pipes. I will post pictures of them there.

Sound good?

Scottish piper
06-09-11, 04:05 PM
Pics would be nice! :bg:

Zipperhead
06-09-11, 08:51 PM
Fair comment. I suppose it might be time to burn this thread. Or edit the name if that can be done.

Piccadilly Piper
07-09-11, 02:03 PM
New thread started. http://www.pipebandsforum.com/showthread.php?p=278957#post278957

Yes there are a couple of pictures.

Thanks everyone.

ppyper1
07-09-11, 06:17 PM
**thread closed**