PDA

View Full Version : International Juvenile Tenor Event Comes To Worlds Week - Discuss

Robbie.Crow
26-06-11, 03:12 PM
http://www.rspba.org/html/newsdetail.php?id=306

Apart from them making it the same day as Drumming for Drinks and the Concert - it's a good idea. For making it the same day as that however, blah!!

janelleTG
27-06-11, 01:42 AM
Sounds good.
Are under 18's allowed into the venue where Drumming for Drinks is held?

Churchill
27-06-11, 10:06 AM
I agree Robbie, brilliant idea and I do like how it's judged related to the grade you're in. I do think they could've picked another day though!

I don't think there's a problem with Age at the venue, certainly given the age of some of the previous contestants.

Daz Gregory
27-06-11, 01:34 PM
Sounds good.
Are under 18's allowed into the venue where Drumming for Drinks is held?

Yep no probs Janelle. it's held in the dining hall at Strathclyde Uni which is right next to, and joined onto the Lord Todd bar. Its a family event so all are welcome it's just that the adults can grab a drink if they want to aswell.

Same goes for the Piping Recital challenge thingy in the evening on Thursday...although if it's a warm evening then that become stuffy and uncomfortable very quckly!

During the day there the bar is open for drinks and there is a menu on the go for grub which is pretty cheap and of a good enough standard. You also have a lot of bands practicing in and around the area so it's a great place to go and have a natter and a pint with freinds etc.

Hope that helps.

Daz

HeatherTownsend
16-07-11, 10:01 PM
I Agree it's a good idea, especially in worlds week. First solos I will have competed in that is judged on grade not age also so quite looking forward to it. Not been to the drumming for drinks before but hopefully I will get the chance to check it out :)

HeatherTownsend
28-07-11, 09:38 AM
Solos cancelled. Not enough entrants. :(

Churchill
28-07-11, 11:04 AM
Can't say I'm surprised. It was foolish to do this on the same day as Drumming for Drinks when pretty much every drummer in Glasgow will be at the Todd. Great idea but not on the same day as D4D.