PDA

View Full Version : Drum Question

scaryguy
24-05-12, 05:20 PM
This has been lying around since my brother gave up drumming.

No clue as to the age (I know it's not ancient, but it's not new either). Is this something that is still worth anything?

Would a drummer still use this to play/practice on?

If it is, I'm just getting rid of it. If it's not I'm gonna modify it a bit (try anyway), and use it for something else.

Thanks
scaryguy

rpeitzsch
24-05-12, 06:50 PM
That looks to be either an HTS-700 or HTS-200, and yes its still worth something, and yes a drummer would still play on it.

janelleTG
25-05-12, 12:26 AM
As Rob said it's still useable. Plenty of bands around here still have them. However........heehee...if you decide to convert it, I saw a picture the other day where a designer had turned one into a bedside table, simply by polishing it up and added legs to it. Looked really cool, with the Premier bit showing and he said his favourite part was the noise it made when he put his book down last thing at night LOL. A little different to the 'turn it into a coffee table' idea.

scaryguy
25-05-12, 07:16 AM
That looks to be either an HTS-700 or HTS-200, and yes its still worth something, and yes a drummer would still play on it.

Thanks for that! I'm going to send a couple e-mails out to people around town to see if anyone wants it then.

As Rob said it's still useable. Plenty of bands around here still have them. However........heehee...if you decide to convert it, I saw a picture the other day where a designer had turned one into a bedside table, simply by polishing it up and added legs to it. Looked really cool, with the Premier bit showing and he said his favourite part was the noise it made when he put his book down last thing at night LOL. A little different to the 'turn it into a coffee table' idea.

Never thought of turning it into a coffee table! I was going to try and convert it into a beer cooler (I suppose turning it into anything that doesn't let it make it's usual noise is an improvement, right? :sassjane: :bolt:)

MarkinSA
25-05-12, 09:35 AM
I would love to take it off your hands for my son, but I think shipping a drum to South Africa would be a costly affair!

Daz Gregory
25-05-12, 10:01 AM
It's a Premier HTS 200 - their first true high tension snare....you can tell by the bottom bracketry and general design. Still worth a few quid to the right person....

trotts
27-08-12, 04:37 PM
I still have one in my basement... it's definitely a 200, you can tell by the way the bottom hoop connects directly to the tension rods. probably best suited for a beginner solo drummer looking for a cheaper drum to get started on.

If it's decent shape it's probably worth a couple hundred dollars (here in Canada anyway)

Hope this helps, best of luck to you,