PDA

View Full Version : Our band on video

tartaniac
07-11-06, 06:20 PM
First, so terribly sad about Bob Dunsire. Second, we buried the 50 year old dad of our godsons last Saturday. Third, the band played (with some add-on police and FF) at the memorial for a Sacramento cop who made a routine car stop, got shot in the head, then run over. The person who did this is still at large and there are no leads.

Part of me says not to share this piece of video of our band, but we are playing at the funeral for the cop. I think the tune is actually the best thing I can share.

Most of the people playing are from our band but we had some individual cop and firefighter pipers who wanted to play as well. Our P/M gave the AG solos to them. It seemed only fitting.

Go to page 8 and look for memorial for Officer Mitchell.

http://cbs5.com/video

It's the kind of day where rain would feel appropriate.

And it has reminded me to tell all of you -- since you are presumably alive since you are reading this -- that each of you has contributed to my pipe band life in more ways than you can know. This has been the Alcoholic Anonymous support group for pipebanders. I have had your unfailing support and irrepressible humor which has kept me in the game. Thank you for sharing your time and your life with me.

P.S. -- I'm not visible in the video. I'm on side drum just to the left of the screen when they show sides. I think you get to see my elbow and foot.

Dai Robb
07-11-06, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately could not get it to download Cat, a very Sad weekend indeed for you

tartaniac
08-11-06, 02:33 AM
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=17848@kpix.dayport.com

Try this link instead. I think it may work better. I was able to pull up from the other one but try this.

Another funeral AND Veterans Day this Saturday. This has been one heck of a year.

Scarlet O'Hair
08-11-06, 03:13 AM
Thanks for posting Kat.

PowerBoozer007
08-11-06, 03:59 AM
It just feels like a really glum time with Bob Dunsire passing on & some other personal things!

The band did a good job with Going Home!

No matter the weather, it's never a good day to have a funeral.

Dai Robb
08-11-06, 11:19 AM
Thanks Cat, managed it this time, a vey moving service.

tartaniac
15-11-06, 09:27 PM
We did the Vets Parade this past Saturday which was uplifting.

Now, will all of you please stay well and safe, please?