PDA

View Full Version : Local accessories to your kilt?

tartaniac
13-03-06, 10:13 PM
My friend in Wyoming wears a cowboy hat and cowboy boots with hers.

In California, for men it's topless with sandals and for women (sorry) it's mini-tank top or leather bustiers for women. (Thigh high black boots go with the bustiers... sandals or barefeet go with the tank tops.) Sunglasses!

If you were to personalize your outfit for your neighborhood, what would you be wearing?

(P.S.: The California MacFarlane girls are famous for their 12" mini-kilts, black leather bustiers, and thigh-high black boots. And the guys for their long flowing hair. They seem to have a lot of fun.)

So back to the point: Localize your kit... with....?

Itchyknee
14-03-06, 12:45 AM
Probably a sheeps head sporran!

true_blue_piper
14-03-06, 06:49 AM
I don't think "localising" is required, well OK, maybe just a matching tie....

@ Tartaniac...see if yer trio of firefighters can put out the flames that this pic will cause ! LOL.

tartaniac
14-03-06, 08:06 AM
That's our new band uniform! You weren't supposed to see it yet! The police chief is going to be ticked -- we're just going to step out in them and surprise everyone. Dang. He's not going to be happy now that the surprise is blown.:jeeze:

Dai Robb
16-03-06, 04:24 PM
I can't wait to see what the guys look like in them??

Heilan Mary
16-03-06, 04:53 PM
The mind boggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:battingeyes: :bg:

true_blue_piper
17-03-06, 02:48 AM
That's our new band uniform! You weren't supposed to see it yet! The police chief is going to be ticked -- we're just going to step out in them and surprise everyone. Dang. He's not going to be happy now that the surprise is blown.:jeeze:

I took it that the lassie in the photo was working undercover for the Los Gatos Police Pipes & Drums......her sporran was "au naturale" :woohoo:

tartaniac
17-03-06, 08:01 AM
DING! DING! DING! Give the lad a prize! We have a winnah here! Good one.

Lord help us all if she has to bend over. Where DOES she pin her badge?

Vikki
18-03-06, 08:59 PM
dunno if theres any way of personalising it for round here... personally i'd just loose the tie n hat.

tartaniac
21-03-06, 12:22 AM
It's not about personalize it. I'd be running around in a leopard silk kilt, hiking boots, and my hair on fire if that were the case.

I'm asking about your town or region. The town I"m from is 'Los Gatos' which means "The Cats" in Spanish. So I guess I'd have to have a dead cat for a sporran. And since I live in the mountains, my shirt -- which I just realized I forgot above -- would definitely be tartan flannel. And since it's pouring buckets today, I might replace my hiking boots with my wellies and turn in my drum so I can start playing the chainsaw. (Rain like this makes the trees fall down across the road, then we have to cut them up for firewood.)

Now, for a bonnet... I guess I'd have to opt for my Rose Bowl "Footbalol Legends" since my spousal unit played in the Rose Bowl twice whilst in uni and I have a ball cap that has his name embroidered on the back. (We still live near his school.)