PDA

View Full Version : Outlander! Omg, Omg, Omg!!!!!!

Scarlet O'Hair
15-12-06, 05:13 AM
I just found out tonight that there is an OUTLANDER movie being filmed in Halifax NS.....I don't know the details, but if you are a Galbaldon fan, you'd know the emotions I'm going through!!!

Scarlet O'Hair
15-12-06, 05:19 AM
oh never mind...it doesn't appear to be the Gabaldon version........:puppydogeyes:

sass jane
15-12-06, 12:53 PM
LMAO!!!! You got me going there for a minute angel.....* Be still my beating heart*

I suppose it's just as well....I mean.....who on EARTH would they get to play Jamie?

Nowan
15-12-06, 01:21 PM
I might get killed for this...

... but who or what on earth is Outlander?

Piper of Rose
15-12-06, 01:34 PM
Everybody move on nothing to see here just a glass door movie.:bolt:

Scarlet O'Hair
15-12-06, 03:24 PM
LOL! No glass doors here........

Nowan, Outlander is the name of the first book in a series by Diana Gabaldon. The story starts out in England then quickly shifts to Pre Culloden Scotland...it's an EXCELLENT adventure series...but some would say it's a romance series.....it's really not like the Harlequin stuff at all. Completely riveting.......

Pete Walen
15-12-06, 03:28 PM
it's an EXCELLENT adventure series...but some would say it's a romance series.....it's really not like the Harlequin stuff at all. Completely riveting.......

Ya mean the plot(s) of each book varies by more than how the bodice gets ripped off the female lead (hate to call some of them heroine's) by the tall, dark handsome stranger with a fire in his eye and a.... ummm... never mind.:bolt:

redneck
15-12-06, 03:40 PM
Any pipin' in it :door: :bolt: :bolt: :mlf:

Pete Walen
15-12-06, 03:55 PM

"The sole of his chanter thrilled her to the bottom of her soul..."

bu-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(if'n ahm not careful, Ahl be a newt before the end of the day!)

macpiper
15-12-06, 05:59 PM
Is it the James Axler version then? He wrote books called the Outlanders as well. Ivan's read most of them, and now he's the one that's excited!

redneck
15-12-06, 06:35 PM
"The sole of his chanter thrilled her to the bottom of her soul..."

bu-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(if'n ahm not careful, Ahl be a newt before the end of the day!)

What kinda sole was it ??????? silver/ivory....:door: :bolt:

sass jane
15-12-06, 10:35 PM

um.....yes actually....The 78ths and Bill Livingstone particularly.....

Pete Walen
15-12-06, 10:37 PM
um.....yes actually....The 78ths and Bill Livingstone particularly.....

Hmmmm.... so much for the "tall" part.... (no offense, Bill, please don't hurt me...)

Gamer
16-12-06, 08:04 PM
Even if it were the Gabaldan story it would not be as good as the book(s). Most good stories are better left to the imagination. No need to "flesh" them out!

Scarlet O'Hair
17-12-06, 01:39 AM

Actually yes. The 78th Frasers and Bill Livingstone are featured for a paragraph in the first book.......oops..I guess Sass already said that....Bill thinks it's really cool.

Hey Gamer! Nice to see you out of the Arcade!! :bg: And you are right....who on EARTH would play Jamie!!??? (giggle....Sass asked me the same question)