PDA

View Full Version : Let the Hilarity begin!!!

Colonel644
23-01-07, 04:59 PM
Well Hello, Howdy, Shalom, Pong ting Pong, and any greeting you feel happy with insert here:_________ .

MY name is Scott and I reside in the beautiful state of Kentucky, where I enjoy long walks in the country, and chocolate Lady Fingers. I'm a Drum Major (that actually has musical training) and belong to Kentucky United Pipes & Drums. Being the DM although gets me a bast*rd child status.
:devil:

I enjoy the membership of several groups and the others were forced on me by drawing the short straw.

I think I know a few people here from BDF.

Just thought I'd finally join in.

Pete Walen
23-01-07, 05:06 PM
heh... :jeeze: Another DM....

ummmm.... I mean - HEY! :woohoo: ANOTHER DM!

Welcome to the asylum, Scott! :welcome1:

rpeitzsch
23-01-07, 05:08 PM
Hey Scott, nice to see you FINALLY found the place.

:welcome2: :welcome2:

rpeitzsch
23-01-07, 05:08 PM
Geez, the place is starting to get over-run by DM's recently. I'm still gonna follow Vikki, but then again Scott's always good for a laugh. Have you done that "catch the mace with your mouth" trick recently? :bg:

DM Bill
23-01-07, 05:12 PM
I know Scott very well, and I can honestly say, that I think I helped convince him to sign on here.
Having said that, I declare myself blameless of any and all liability, responsibility, or circumstances for any actions, images, or opinions expressed!
:bolt: :door:
Welcome aboard, I think we will be having a BBQ in the Gourmet Room soon!

:welcome1:

Robbie.Crow
23-01-07, 05:16 PM
WOOOHOOOOOO

4 & Counting :bg:

anyway.. welcome.. we're all nice people.. just watchout for the beer stealers.. (itchy and Redneck that is)

Colonel644
23-01-07, 05:16 PM
I feel so welcomed.:Ceith:

Itchyknee
23-01-07, 05:21 PM
Welcome Scott!

If a beer is left unattended I will rescue it.

Steve
23-01-07, 05:29 PM
Hello Scot.. Welcome to :pbf:

Look Vikki, You got more competition.. lol.. :bolt:

phyx
23-01-07, 05:33 PM
Hey! Glad you made it here. Now that you're here...pass that Woodford Reserve around. :bg:

PowerBoozer007
23-01-07, 05:38 PM
Isn't their a filter to eliminate these DM's from getting in?:mutley:

Itchyknee
23-01-07, 05:41 PM
If there is it's not working, lol.

:dishes:

Colonel644
23-01-07, 06:42 PM
Everyone has to pick on the Drum Majors. Ya know it's not easy drinking that much plus wearing more to a kit than the average band member. Think of that the next time your getting ready for the circle. Your poor Drum Major does it, wears more and I'll throw out the bet that He (or she) does it with more "drams" under their belts to boot!!

:bananapiper:

DM Bill
23-01-07, 06:54 PM
Yes, I would say that on average from belt to boots is where most of MY drams end up!

Colonel644
23-01-07, 07:06 PM
I don't even have the strength to respond with my original reply to that.:bolt:

Fred Fomm
23-01-07, 07:22 PM
Dear friend,

needless to say you're more than welcome.

Now for your own safety I guarantee that this place is totally and absolutely sasquatch-free.

http://locker.uky.edu/~ntgrav2/sasquatch.jpg

Fredgie

:Ceith: :Ceith: :Ceith:

phyx
23-01-07, 07:27 PM
Though you might find the occasional :troll:

Colonel644
23-01-07, 07:37 PM
Fredgie!!!!

Damn Sasqautch always following me. I guess I'll have to publically own why I have a fear of "Sasqautch"

(this came to me in a dream, after drinking one night)
you see it's simple, I know how my luck runs and I know that God uses my life as a comic strip for Himself and the other Heavenly Hosts (not affliated with Heavenly Hams tm) and realized on the chance I went to Maxville or accepted one of a few offers to go camping in that area; I would find Sasqautch.
I'd be walking along enjoying the beauty of the great Canadian Wilderness and BAM!!! walk right face to face with Ole Bigfoot! And to make matters worse I wouldn't have my digital camera with me to take photographic evidence. The main part of the fear would be that Sasquatch would carry me off into the woods to make me " Sasquatch bitch ". Now here's the dilemma ( and shows how warped my thinking gets ) If you were to be carried off into the deep woods by Sasqautch in the full knowldge you would become "sasqautch bitch" would you want him to really like it?? or really hate it???
Both qeustions scare me, really.

rpeitzsch
23-01-07, 07:40 PM
Um, Scott, there's a fatal flaw in your dream.....

Maxville is hardly the great Canadian Wilderness. Farmland, yes, Wilderness, no.

Colonel644
23-01-07, 07:42 PM
I'm sure you're right, But as far as my thinking has gone; Canada is nothing but one large forest filled with Sasqautch.

Fred Fomm
23-01-07, 07:43 PM
Fear no evil.

Mr Sasquatch has long left his bush-wandering days. Since 1977 he found himself a solid Hollywood career. Canadian forests are safer now...

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~lamdoo/pictures/bio/chewbacca.jpg

Fredgie

Colonel644
23-01-07, 07:57 PM
Fred,
Your photos still concern me.

Dai Robb
23-01-07, 07:58 PM
A Warm welcome to you Scott, we have talked elsewhere?? I am getting rather worried about all these Dms arriving here though?
Just like the Buses over here, you wait for hours, and then THREE arrive at once?
Hope you enjoy your visit, look forward to reading your posts.

:welcome2: :dai: :welcome2: :dai:

Colonel644
23-01-07, 08:04 PM
Ummm,,, Possibly???

Piper of Rose
23-01-07, 08:30 PM
OH crap we're all in trouble now.

bahahahahahahahahaha

Welcome toothless braceful wonder who calls himself Colonel644

Welcome I say

Howdy from Tennessee

Colonel644
23-01-07, 09:19 PM
LOL , Thank you PoR, I thought might as well use same tag. Something on my mind, was it you I gave the finger too at one of the Highland Games last year?

Werepiper
23-01-07, 09:30 PM
Welcome Colonel, another wanderer from a far off forum seeks solace in the land of makebelieve. :troll: :welcome2: :troll:

Piper Mac
23-01-07, 09:34 PM
Welcome Colonel, glad to have you join in....

Piper Mac :irishman:

Piper of Rose
23-01-07, 09:36 PM
LOL , Thank you PoR, I thought might as well use same tag. Something on my mind, was it you I gave the finger too at one of the Highland Games last year?

Yes Glasgow, after I harased you on the loop. Not to worry all for a good laugh. Not taken personally. But I guess you missed what I said to my band mate after you passed!

BahahAHAHAHAHAA

Vikki
23-01-07, 09:38 PM
hi and :welcome1:

i see my name has been mentioned a few times, most have some kinda reputation.

anyway, Im the (infamous) Vikki, also a drum major, and from Northern Ireland.

any probs, just shout!!

Colonel644
23-01-07, 09:39 PM
I heard " is that your IQ?? " LOL I was justing wondering as I did it without thinking and never really thought about it til today for some reason (the flashbacks are returning :bg: ). it's all good.

DM Bill
23-01-07, 09:42 PM
Flashbacks?
Do like I do, and line your glen' with tinfoil. I tell you it works!
The voices told me to do it!

Piper06
23-01-07, 09:54 PM
Scott

Welcome to the insanity. Don't worry about Fred's photos, they are of PoR just before electrolysis treatments. :dig:

Dennis

Colonel644
23-01-07, 10:01 PM
Now that is a SCARY mental picture

Piper06
23-01-07, 10:03 PM
I thought so too the first time I saw him. :bolt: :door:

Piper of Rose
23-01-07, 10:08 PM
Scott

Welcome to the insanity. Don't worry about Fred's photos, they are of PoR just before electrolysis treatments. :dig:

Dennis

Yes I use those treatments to bring in my favorite radio station. And
Fred's pics are of Dennis just before "that" operation. wink wink nudge nudge

Piper06
23-01-07, 10:09 PM
You have to admit at least I still have my hair!!!!!

Piper of Rose
23-01-07, 10:13 PM
I've still got mine as well. Loads of it.

Nowan
23-01-07, 10:46 PM
Big Warm :pbf:-Style :welcome1: To you Scott!

Bashful
23-01-07, 11:02 PM
:welcome1: Colonel!!

Glad you made you way over here. :wink: Enjoy your stay! :bg:

Later,

B

KatieMc
24-01-07, 04:18 AM
SCOTT!!! :hug: I'm so glad you're here.... and to think I just mentioned a bbq in an email to you tonight! I should've read the forum first! So when's the cookout?

Colonel644
24-01-07, 04:32 AM
Not sure yet, I figure I'll whip one out in a few days. Better to wait and meet everyone first before I throw a party. To do otherwise would be downright tacky!:shy:

KatieMc
24-01-07, 04:41 AM
Ohh.... and you would NEVER do anything tacky! :bg: But really now, what better way to get to know everyone than at one of your wonderful parties? I may even join in this time instead of hiding in a corner like I have in the past!

true_blue_piper
24-01-07, 08:20 AM
Scott____welcome !

Especially so.....if you happen to like mutton, lamb, nursery rhymns about someone called Bo Peep, welly boots and lashings of mint sauce.

:welcome1: :welcome1: :welcome1:

Piper06
24-01-07, 09:49 AM
Scott____welcome !

Especially so.....if you happen to like mutton, lamb, nursery rhymns about someone called Bo Peep, welly boots and lashings of mint sauce.

:welcome1: :welcome1: :welcome1:

Be careful we don't want to anger Dai talking about mutton and lamb, they may be some of his friends now. :dai:

janelleTG
24-01-07, 01:08 PM
Hi Scott :welcome1:
we've met briefly before,
You would know me as Tenor Granny.

Does this mean you're going to speak your mind? Is the PM watching :door:
BTW I missed the last BBQ, I wanna come to the BBQ :cindy:

cheers
janelle

Piper of Rose
24-01-07, 01:47 PM
Scott,

We need to hear the mace injury story, please.

DM Bill
24-01-07, 02:27 PM
True Blue... MINT sauce? I thought that was Dai's aftershave!

Beag
28-01-07, 08:02 AM
Welcome, Colonel!

I have lots of dear friends and relations residing in the Northernn woods, many who would not let your rank stop them from eating you for lunch, with or without mint sauce. I think Sasquatch is the least of your worries!

OK. I'm just kidding. Your rank would stop them. 'Specially if you have those little metal things all over you with ribbons attached that break a bear's teeth.

scarhandpiper
28-01-07, 08:03 AM
Welcome to PBF, Colonel!