PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo!!!! Scotland, Here I Come!!!!

drumpretzel
03-02-07, 03:26 PM
Yup, that's right, just confirmed my vacation time at work so I can go to the Worlds!! Got a line on some tickets, things are sweet!!

What I would like to know is WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE THERE?????
Maybe we could all split a hotel room or create a PBF Flophouse or something.

Dan.

Robbie.Crow
03-02-07, 03:38 PM
well.. im hoping to be there! dont know yet though.. although if you think im forking out for a room when i can just get there by train.. you gotta be kiddin :bg:

Dai Robb
03-02-07, 03:42 PM
Dan?? great news mate, I can tell you that I will deffo be there, as will Redneck, we are already Booked into our place, Might I suggest that if you want a reasonably priced place, that you get booking now? it took me the whole of January to get fixed up?, Celtic Ceith is going to be there, and we are meeting up on the thursday night in Glasgow to shall we say enjoy a few? Obviously the locals? will be there, Stormy, Heilin Mary, Scotschick, so make sure that you are at the beer tent nice and early?,
If you need anyhelp with Hotels etc, let me know I can get you some details
Dai:dai: :dai:

mlf
03-02-07, 03:45 PM
I will be there in spirit.

drumpretzel
03-02-07, 03:49 PM
I was thinking of going a few days early, or staying a few days after to see the sights, never having been to Scotland before. But I will definitely be there to share a few pints with you all!! Dai, I may just take you up on that, once I find someone to split the cost of a room.... SPITTY!!!!!!!!! We're splittin' a room, ok??

Dai Robb
03-02-07, 05:49 PM
Well mine is a single? so much as may like you? NO CHANCE MATE LOL

Stormy
03-02-07, 05:51 PM

You will be there in person! You have already been told so in another area if I recall.
C'mon man, get up here and buy us all a beer!!!!

:bgt:

Dai Robb
03-02-07, 06:03 PM
You tell him Stormy!! silly excuses?? Are you up for organising the Thursday Night get together Stormy?, Choose the place, and everyone can meet up?

PowerBoozer007
03-02-07, 06:28 PM
Choose the place, and everyone can meet up?

Oh I'm sure the place has already been choosen for you lot! :devil:

Dai Robb
03-02-07, 07:52 PM
Now just what are you trying to imply?? john?LOL

Steve
03-02-07, 10:34 PM
mlf m8.. all the guys have said the same thing..ye is wanted in Glasgow Green on the 2nd Saturday in August,,

Dai.. any chance of having that list ye have.. Cheers m8..

Dai Robb
04-02-07, 11:16 AM
mlf m8.. all the guys have said the same thing..ye is wanted in Glasgow Green on the 2nd Saturday in August,,

I dont actually have a list Steve?, I just went into Glasgow guest houses?/ and trolled through it till I found one, I can tell you I had nearly 50 returned saying FULL??
If you have any problems finding the link let me know, and I will get it to you.

Bashful
04-02-07, 11:29 PM
Unfortunately, I won't be there this year. Since it's usually the same weekend as the Fergus Games here in Ontario, I'll probably be standing in final massed bands waiting to hear the results...LOL! :bg:

Later,

B

ajmcintosh
05-02-07, 12:19 PM
envies corrodes my heart, I must cross means world to arrive at any event. :gah: :notlistening: :whistle:

Werepiper
05-02-07, 01:07 PM
:goodidea: :banghead:
I'm still trying to get ther for a couple of days

Bobby
05-02-07, 02:22 PM
I will once again try to get over for the worlds.

Can you recommend a nice safe comfortable hotel close to things? And a touring/shopping/ eating/drinking/piping itinerary for someone that has never been there? Gotta see the castle of course. Anything else?

PowerBoozer007
05-02-07, 07:32 PM

Dai, when you remember to bring the list, Stevie wants a copy! :mlf:

Dai Robb
05-02-07, 08:24 PM
Never you mind trying to stir things PB,

Robbie.Crow
05-02-07, 08:54 PM
And a touring/shopping/ eating/drinking/piping itinerary for someone that has never been there? Gotta see the castle of course. Anything else?
okay... where to start

1. the black bull
2. the rose and crown
3. the royal mile inn
4. the missippi pub
5. the bar 395
6. stri..pol... the gazzette inn
7. The castle
8. (steps 1-6)

:bg: :bolt:

Stormy
05-02-07, 11:15 PM
Are you up for organising the Thursday Night get together Stormy?, Choose the place, and everyone can meet up?

I have no problem with that if everyone is in agreement and trusts my judgement. Loads of pubs to choose from and many with food available.
Just let me know.
:Ceith:

true_blue_piper
06-02-07, 05:38 AM

aye......The Macallan most likely.....??? :Ceith:

sass jane
06-02-07, 07:04 AM
Can I put my bid in for Thursday night at the Todd?

tartaniac
06-02-07, 07:28 AM
What are the dates?
Is it April or August?
I am very confused.

Chuck said that I can come.
No, I'm not kidding.

I've got to come root for my LA SCOTS!!!!!!

Dai Robb
06-02-07, 10:06 AM
I will once again try to get over for the worlds.

e? Gotta see the castle of course. Anything else?

I assume you mean EDINBURGH Castle Bobby?, of course there is always Crookston Castle on the outskirts of Glasgow?/ (is that still there Stormy?) I would just say to you Bobby as i have said to everyone, if you are intending getting over, and you dont want to pay extorniate prices, get booking now?

Dai Robb
06-02-07, 10:07 AM
What are the dates?
Is it April or August?
I am very confused.

Chuck said that I can come.
No, I'm not kidding.

I've got to come root for my LA SCOTS!!!!!!

Cat, E Mail sent re dates, I have posted it in the shoutbox also, so by this time I am thinking you my know it is Saturday 11th August LOL

Dai Robb
06-02-07, 10:34 AM
I have no problem with that if everyone is in agreement and trusts my judgement. Loads of pubs to choose from and many with food available.
Just let me know.
:Ceith:

I am sure that Everyone going and are available on the Thursday, would be okay to meet up at a time and place organised by Stormy. I suggest that those in favour stick their names on a list. so that Stormy has an idea of the numbers?
1Dai Robb :stormy:

Last years get together, all beit slightly later on the Friday night was brilliant? So come on guys, lets make it a PBF night, stick your names down.

Werepiper
06-02-07, 11:10 AM
2) Werepiper (hopefully)

I am presuming that you are talking about Thursday 9th?

alasterdo
06-02-07, 05:33 PM
Obviously the locals? will be there, Stormy, Heilin Mary, Scotschick,

... Think you may have left someone out here Dai! :whistle::tap:

wee_fee-Fee
06-02-07, 05:38 PM
Cool, Can't wait to meet you guys in person. I'll be there!!!

Fee xx

redneck
06-02-07, 07:54 PM
Hmmmm...........Friday anyone ?.

drumpretzel
07-02-07, 02:20 AM
Thursday, Friday, Saturday...........YUP! Sounds good!

Bobby! Lookin' fer a roommate??

Dan.

tartaniac
07-02-07, 06:45 AM
Tartaniac AND Mr. Wilson!

(really... Stormy, we're going to drive over just so you don't get a bruise in your tender feelings.)

Zippity doo dah.....

Now... what to pack... what to wear....

Dai Robb
07-02-07, 11:05 AM
Hmmmm...........Friday anyone ?.

No Prblems with the Friday also Redneck? I mean would i ever leave you out of things?, The Thursday night is just to get us warmed up for the rest of the weeeknd?, I will ensure that i dont have a hangover when we meet dont panic?

Bobby
07-02-07, 01:25 PM
Thursday, Friday, Saturday...........YUP! Sounds good!

Bobby! Lookin' fer a roommate??

Dan.

depends.....how do you look in a bikini??:rotf:

Scott Foster
07-02-07, 03:09 PM
eeewwwww

Andrew Watson
07-02-07, 03:55 PM
I'll be in Glasgow for just over 2 weeks, starting on the Sunday before the Worlds.
It would be fun to meet all of you folks! Count me in, whichever evening you choose!

Andrew

Dai Robb
07-02-07, 04:56 PM
No Problems Andrew, prior to the Worlds, Stormy can post up the name of the Pub that we are going to meet up in for everyone. Where abouts are you staying? in Glasgow. A t the moment it looks like it is going to be one heck of a get together.

redneck
07-02-07, 06:24 PM
No Prblems with the Friday also Redneck? I mean would i ever leave you out of things?, The Thursday night is just to get us warmed up for the rest of the weeeknd?, I will ensure that i dont have a hangover when we meet dont panic?

Just as well....lol, we got the ole hip flask a Mourne Mist da get down our necks.:Ceith: :Ceith: :Ceith:

Dai Robb
07-02-07, 08:25 PM
Now you are talking mate, some of Gods Mixture, and a Bottle of Irn Bru, by the bedsie?/ cant beat it.

sass jane
07-02-07, 08:29 PM
Just as well....lol, we got the ole hip flask a Mourne Mist da get down our necks.:Ceith: :Ceith: :Ceith:

Hip flask? is that all yer bringing? I think you need a bigger container luv!

Andrew Watson
08-02-07, 05:00 AM
Where abouts are you staying? in Glasgow.
As long as they still have space (haven't done any of my booking yet), at the Bunkum backpackers on Hillhead street.
I'll keep checking back here to see which pub this might be held at :Ceith:

redneck
08-02-07, 08:18 PM
Hip flask? is that all yer bringing? I think you need a bigger container luv!

Don't you worry 'boot that ma dear........oul Redneck has the supply well in hand. Oh BTW, I AM THE CONTAINER.......lmao.:Ceith: :Ceith: :Ceith:

Dai Robb
08-02-07, 09:35 PM
Spoke to Stormy today and he will arrange the neccesary Pub nearer the time and post it long before anyone heads off, Oh and there will be a repeat performance on the Friday night just to make sure that mr and Mrs Redneck dont feel left out

sass jane
09-02-07, 06:40 AM
ok....that's it...*goes to look up plane tickets*.....must go now to meet Mrs. Redneck....