PDA

View Full Version : They're Mine ALL MINE!!!!

macpiper
16-02-07, 12:39 AM
Just to let the world know I now own pipes!
And Scarlet even let me bring them home!
MacFlash is accepting all sympathies.

Steve
16-02-07, 12:45 AM
Congrats macpiper...

Tell Scarlet to P. O. and leave you alone to get on with it... lmao

Scarlet O'Hair
16-02-07, 12:48 AM
LOL! Well they are hers now to do as she wishes....though I didn't give her any reeds yet, just a goose adapter and some stock plugs for now....

dharron
16-02-07, 12:49 AM
Ok, so my brother is no longer the newest piper in Ontario.

Congratulations, macpiper!!!:drum1::drum1::drum1::drum1::drum1:

dharron
16-02-07, 12:50 AM
Why would she need to adapt a goose? Doesn't she have real pipes now? :bg:

KatieMc
16-02-07, 12:52 AM
Congratulations, my friend! Post us a video of you playing!

macpiper
16-02-07, 01:09 AM
Don't think you'll get video for a while
I just hacked away at my mouthpiece to get it smaller. Will likely invest in a new one at some point lol. Well I'm off to play my goose! :bagpipe:

MacFlash
16-02-07, 01:10 AM
Scarlet instead of stock plugs.......couldn't you have sent ear plugs :)

piperpaul
16-02-07, 01:11 AM
Ohmigod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjpiper
16-02-07, 01:13 AM

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

macpiper
16-02-07, 01:28 AM
Flash is just jealous.
He hasn't gotten a new camera in a while.
When I have as many sets of pipes as he does cameras (8) then he can get a new one.

jjpiper
16-02-07, 01:40 AM
Hello Macpiper. I got that PM about vids but wasn't sure what to do.???

macpiper
16-02-07, 01:50 AM
ok i'm off there now to send it to ya

jjpiper
16-02-07, 01:51 AM
Let's talk over in VIP contest to get the thing going.

Scarlet O'Hair
16-02-07, 01:54 AM

Sorry Dolly! LOL! And I have about 1000 pairs here too.......

macpiper
16-02-07, 01:57 AM
He'll live and learn to like it!!!

stew
16-02-07, 01:59 AM
Congratulations!! Hope we see you out on Sunday night soon for the "newbie" hour!!
________
The Peak Towers Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

macpiper
16-02-07, 02:01 AM
Let me get through to the third book and then we'll see... Still on the second book.

janelleTG
16-02-07, 04:44 AM
Congratulation Macpiper, you are now an official member of the Worldwide Noisy People Club :vik: .
More noise....., more noise.... err I mean... more music

Dai Robb
16-02-07, 09:50 AM
Macflash my sincere sympathies, ask your Doctor, he will prescribe Tablets?/

phyx
16-02-07, 12:35 PM
Congrats macpiper! Even though you're on the goose only for now, play the hell out of it! Any chance you get, plug your PC into it and play play play!

This will help you learn how to squeeze and blow consistently. The pressure will be nowhere near what it takes for the pipes, but the arm movements and breathing will be there. When you get your pipes fully set up, you'll have one of the hardest parts to learn about piping already down to a science.

I didn't have a goose, but I did have some kitchen pipes--no more than 3 PC reeds put into a set of small pipes (not those small pipes mind you). It took me a few weeks of blowing those kitchen pipes before I was able to keep the bag full of air long enough to keep a relatively steady sound. I can't even imagine how long it woulda taken had I been trying it on a full set of pipes.

Even if you jump the gun and set up the pipes, keep at the goose--it will make transitioning to full pipes easier.

Oh...and take all of the above advice with one caveat--if Scarlet contradicts everything I say, follow what she says--I just know what worked for me, but she's the instructor and knows far more about this stuff than I do. She won't lead you astray...:bgt:

Werepiper
16-02-07, 01:35 PM
Way to go Macpiper, hope you realise that in no time at all (now you have pipes), you will be a divorced, alcoholic with hearing difficulties and RSI. :rotf: :rotf: according to Canadian research.

Bobby
16-02-07, 01:40 PM
Congratulations ! You'll ahve to post a photo of them some time so we can all admire them.

Scarlet O'Hair
16-02-07, 01:50 PM
Oh...and take all of the above advice with one caveat--if Scarlet contradicts everything I say, follow what she says--I just know what worked for me, but she's the instructor and knows far more about this stuff than I do. She won't lead you astray...:bgt:

LOL, no. You are on the right track Phyx. What you have described is exactly what I am going for with her. As you know I've taken a new direction in the way we instruct our beginners. I really think this method is far more sound than what we've offered in the past.

Werepiper
16-02-07, 02:03 PM
I was taught on a goose and it certainly helps. Our newbies go through the same routine and it works. We have a 13yr old who started this way 3 yrs ago and he was up competing with grade 1 pipers in an open contest at the weekend and got a third. Mind he lives for piping and practises about 4 hours every day - never seen such dedication.

macpiper
16-02-07, 02:57 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys. I've been playing them last night and again this morning. Have to go get my mouthpiece sawed off more then it will be more comfy to play. Right now it's like playing looking at the sky. I destroyed one kitchen knife last night sawing it off. It was a crappy one so no worries but it's still too long.
Phyx thanks for the advice. I won't be setting up the pipes cause Scarlet didn't give me reeds. Smart woman. Have to work on the whole blowing and sqeezing thing. I'm stilll trying to breathe like I'm on my PC. But since I've yet to have it 24 hours the cats are used to it and don't run in fear like Flash does.

Bobby
16-02-07, 03:26 PM
Use a hack saw or a dremel with the right cutting disc. make sure to sand down the edges well with fine sandpaper or you'll end up with cuts and blisters on your lips, tongue. Ultimately once you have the length you are comfortable, yoou should send the blowpipe to a pipe maker to have the bottom piece cut down so a noprmal sized mouthpiece will put you back at the right length. If you want to experiment with lengths to find what's right for you, get an extendable one and keep trying different adjustments until you feel comfortable and can look around easily from left to right without straining your neck. Then send that along with your original to have it cut down for you.

We don't all wear the same shoe, shirt, or suit size so why should we all have the same blowpipe length??

This is something I've been educating people for over 30 years and I certainly didn't invent it. It's amazing how many well-known pipers are just now getting on the wagon and saying this like it's a new concept they just invented.

Werepiper
16-02-07, 06:15 PM
I know - break out Colin the chainsaw

or failing that I use one of these
http://www.edinburghbagpipes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=99_54_87

litldrummergirl
16-02-07, 06:23 PM
:bananapiper: Congtratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if we will see MacFlash doing this anytime soon?:notlistening:
And as mentioned before Welcome to the Noisy Person Club!!! I like to say I am not noisy but my drum does ratttle the light fixtures!:drum:

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!
I think MacFlash may have to start a support group.........!

SancheA
16-02-07, 08:16 PM
Poor Poor Poor Macflash(Ivan)..my condolences.....

stew
16-02-07, 09:05 PM
:bananapiper: Congtratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if we will see MacFlash doing this anytime soon?:notlistening:
And as mentioned before Welcome to the Noisy Person Club!!! I like to say I am not noisy but my drum does ratttle the light fixtures!:drum:

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!
I think MacFlash may have to start a support group.........!

Maybe your just hitting them when you flourish!!:whistle:
________
Wong Amat Tower Condos (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)