PDA

View Full Version : Best in the world

redneck
27-03-06, 07:57 PM
~~~~~~~No doubt the most musical bass section barr none~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~Strathclyde Police Pipe band, Bass section~~~~~~

Scarlet O'Hair
27-03-06, 08:50 PM
Too bad about the socks though.....:jeeze: :vomit: (sorry, just can't get used to them!)

Dai Robb
27-03-06, 09:08 PM
I am with you on this one Scareltt, I think they are gross

Heilan Mary
27-03-06, 09:14 PM
There is nothing wrong with the socks :fu: ! Its beats the old fashioned usual sea of white legs you get at every contest. The socks bring out the tartan.

Scarlet O'Hair
27-03-06, 09:16 PM
LOL!! But I can't see the tartan for the socks!!!! Besides....I didn't say anything was wrong with them, I just said I can't get used to them!

Heilan Mary
27-03-06, 09:19 PM
Well I didnt like them to start with and then they grew on me - they arent black socks they are actually dark blue. Like the Scottish Power socks as well.

Scarlet O'Hair
27-03-06, 09:29 PM
Hard to see the actual colour from the pictures....might grow on me......who knows

Heilan Mary
27-03-06, 09:33 PM
Scottish Power socks. Sorry unable to attach a pic of the Scottish Power socks

Scarlet O'Hair
27-03-06, 09:39 PM
LOL...I've seen Barry's.

Bashful
27-03-06, 09:51 PM
Not complaining about the socks. :bg:

Thanks for posting my (hopefully) future band....someday..........:woohoo: :wink:

Later,

B

Celtic Mitch
27-03-06, 09:57 PM
Don't worry everyone, there will be a new world champion best bass section in 2006 and then everyone will think they are the best and want to play with them. Funny how people that have only heard the CD or seen the DVD think they the best...I'd rather see what they got goin on in person before I make any claim like I'd want to play with them or they are the best.

Heilan Mary
28-03-06, 08:44 AM
Watched them at Rothesay Games so not just seen them on the Dvd - they are superior. Found out from a source yesterday that they can no longer take civilians in to the band. It has went back to the way it was before you have to be in the polis to be able to play in the polis band.

Bashful
28-03-06, 12:52 PM
Well, that stinks that they're not accepting civilians anymore. :jeeze:

But everyone can dream about playing in a top-band, correct? Whether they're the world champions or not. :woohoo:

Later,

B

Dai Robb
28-03-06, 02:19 PM
Sorry Mary and any other fan of the "colour Socks" it is not my scene, i just cannot get used to them (just as Scarlet said) just MHO, and that mean s Nowt??

redneck
28-03-06, 04:34 PM
Too bad about the socks though.....:jeeze: :vomit: (sorry, just can't get used to them!)

LOL, same here when I first seen them, was at the concert Steve 'n I were at. My first impression too was WTF.....but yeah it looks great in the real light of day.

"sorry, just can't get used to them!" What? bein' world champions. LMAO.:bg: :woohoo:

redneck
28-03-06, 04:38 PM
Don't worry everyone, there will be a new world champion best bass section in 2006 and then everyone will think they are the best and want to play with them. Funny how people that have only heard the CD or seen the DVD think they the best...I'd rather see what they got goin on in person before I make any claim like I'd want to play with them or they are the best.

The reason they ARE the best is because the judges say so. Steve 'n I have seen them perform live and at the worlds, so I go with the judges too THEY ARE THE BEST. No doubt.

Who are these new pretenders/hopefuls then?.

Celtic Mitch
28-03-06, 05:29 PM
Ha, well let's wait and see what the judges think this year eh mate??

redneck
28-03-06, 06:23 PM
Ha, well let's wait and see what the judges think this year eh mate??

Heard it all before....lmao. Don't forget ya gotta get past Shotts too before ya even get close to THE WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Ha indeed. Ya can't go up to the judges 'n say Ha.........we're the best. They'll decide, 'n if ya do win it I'll be first to congratulate yer band and you:bg: .

Facts are facts though, they are the best up until August.

Celtic Mitch
28-03-06, 06:31 PM
Dude...you're way off the mark. My band isn't even going to the worlds this year. Get your facts in check before ya say something you'll have to take back later. :woohoo:

Dai Robb
28-03-06, 06:54 PM
Go Get Em Mitch!! you show em

Scarlet O'Hair
28-03-06, 07:03 PM
"sorry, just can't get used to them!" What? bein' world champions. LMAO.:bg: :woohoo:

LMAO!!!! LOVE EHT!!!!!! That was a good'un fer sure....:surrender:

Oh, now to find a good come back......

redneck
29-03-06, 04:52 PM
Dude...you're way off the mark. My band isn't even going to the worlds this year. Get your facts in check before ya say something you'll have to take back later. :woohoo:

Well then who are these supposedly new world champions then ?.

There's one thing about me.......no back doors, if as you have stated I'll have to take it back later, all well 'n good I will.

The thing is at the moment I'm right........they are the best, if and when they beaten I'll take my hat off to who ever wins any world title, I've been there and can appreciate the dedication and effort that goes into winning any title. Seems like it's gonna be one hell of a contest season going by all the hype omitting from various bands supporters...........bring it on.

Makes fer good craic here and in the beertents/ bars afterwards.:red:

redneck
29-03-06, 04:55 PM
LMAO!!!! LOVE EHT!!!!!! That was a good'un fer sure....:surrender:

Oh, now to find a good come back......

:woohoo: Thought you'd appreciate that one........too good an opportunity da let pass.:bg: :red:

tartaniac
30-03-06, 06:24 AM
I play in an average police band. We'll never make it to the worlds. But we did get invited back to play for National Police Week and for the Presidential wreath-laying again this year.

And we wear navy socks with our navy uniform shirts and black ties and IPA tartan kilts.

So our only on the scene reports at world's will be Redneck and DAI???? Where's an unbiased reporter when you need one?

Dai Robb
30-03-06, 10:45 AM
I somehow dont think that Redneck and I will be the only Unbiased reporters at the Worlds Cat, So far the roll call of honour for those attending is as follows,
Dai, Redneck, Stormy, Heilin Mary, Scotzchic, James, Dundee, BigBlaw, and Unsubstantiated reports say that possibly Sass, and Scarlet will be there, but conformation is awaited on this, and of Course Steve will be there overseeing things.
I have tried getting a full list, but I think some of the members are a bit shy, in case it costs them a round or two ??LOL:pint: :pint:

rpeitzsch
30-03-06, 12:19 PM
Ok, Dai, going back to your list.... I believe that Cat said "unbiased". Care to try again? Stormy will be pulling for the polis... Redneck (I'm guessing here) - the polis...

Dai Robb
30-03-06, 01:12 PM
Okay I see your point, but lets be honest, who do you know that ever listened to a word that Redneck or Stormy say??? we all know that they are just a couple of auld Women!!!

(get ready for the Flack)

redneck
30-03-06, 08:09 PM
Let's get this into perspective, I like the Strathclyde yes, but I can't see them winning it. Well placed yes but not winning.

No matter who wins a truly honest opinion via the above members will be given. Unbiased 'n truthful in each of the various comments.

Mine will be anyhow as long as Shotts don't steal/bribe the judges again. LMAO (Had da get that in)

Dai Robb
30-03-06, 09:05 PM
Let's get this into perspective, I like the Strathclyde yes, but I can't see them winning it. Well placed yes but not winning.

No matter who wins a truly honest opinion via the above members will be given. Unbiased 'n truthful in each of the various comments.

Mine will be anyhow as long as Shotts don't steal/bribe the judges again. LMAO (Had da get that in)
Youneqarly had me believing you, until the last sentence, I promise you all I will at least try to be honest no matter who wins.

redneck
01-04-06, 12:58 PM
Ya gonna leave the beertent then??????? lmao.:woohoo: :woohoo: :red:

Dai Robb
01-04-06, 02:46 PM
Nah, just gonna stand at the door and listen hard LOL

SancheA
22-06-06, 04:20 PM
Carrie...don't grow on those socks..or i'll be in the Police band..:wink:

pipeanddrum
20-07-06, 12:26 PM
Can see Vale doing a bit in the next season or two. Paul Turner has never had a bad corps. If he can replicate what he achieved at Vic Police I think they'll be there or there abouts in the couple of years. He is, in my opinion, one of the most musical tippers around!

redneck
20-07-06, 06:56 PM
Can see Vale doing a bit in the next season or two. Paul Turner has never had a bad corps. If he can replicate what he achieved at Vic Police I think they'll be there or there abouts in the couple of years. He is, in my opinion, one of the most musical tippers around!

Agree wi ya 100% m8, Paul is a hell of a guy too. Vale have already benefited from his vast experience.

Still think the SPPB will be hard to beat, very musical 'n fit well with the piping corps.

BTW, I notice yer from Belfast but have the stars 'n stripes up. Where in Belfast did ya live?

Belliabang
22-07-06, 01:37 AM
I love Field Marshall and SLOT currently for rhythm, Shotts for the overall. SLOT looks kinda sloppy (going from the DVD -sorry Mitch), and FMM are friggen tone kings!

Shotts is amazing, and give the best ensemble(imo).

I like Strathclydes socks, but Scottish power's look bad.

tartaniac
31-07-06, 04:03 AM
I hope you all manage to get together and get a photo of yourselves or it could be what we call a "Woodstock" Event. Point is, if everyone attended the Woodstock concert back in the 60's who have said they attended, half the population would have been there.

Roll call!