PDA

View Full Version : I feel great

UpstatePiper
13-03-07, 07:15 AM
The last few weeks I've had to go out of town, and that's meant several days in a row with no piping.

I've felt really held back in terms of stamina. As in not being able to play whole tunes once through.

Well the last week and this weekend I got to be at home and I could practice every day. Man I feel great. I can pipe better today than ever before! That's an awesome statement to be able to make.

I feel like I've broken through a big cloud of fog or something. Like last week I really wanted to be a piper but I didn't know if I could be but today I realize I am one.

I feel great.

:bagpipe:

phyx
13-03-07, 12:06 PM
That's an awesome feeling. I've had that happen too. When I've gone a couple of weeks without serious practice I notice that my stamina has greatly diminished. I practice daily for a week and suddenly I can play for 1+ hour with no breaks at all.

Then, sadly, life gets in the way again and practice time isn't daily for a while...and the process repeats.

But it is a great feeling isn't it? :beer:

fprintf
13-03-07, 03:52 PM
I brought my pipes in to work with me today. My intention is to scare all the joggers on the walking path that winds past where my car is parked. Seriously I think it is about the only way I am going to get in a 1/2 hour of time on the pipes per day is to do it at work. I think this stamina thing is very important and must just take working at it to solve... my biggest problem is my lip coming unglued after a few full tunes.

phyx
13-03-07, 05:31 PM
That, too, will pass. :bgt:

I tried the piping thing at work...the owner of the building had security ask me to stop. I was only playing Kitchen Pipes that are no louder than 3 PCs playing. I can't even imagine what they would do if I brought out the big guns.

Then again, for the rest of the week I start work at 5:45am...so if I get here 30 minutes early I might be able to pull off piping in the parking garage :woohoo:

dharron
13-03-07, 05:38 PM
That, too, will pass. :bgt:

I tried the piping thing at work...the owner of the building had security ask me to stop. I was only playing Kitchen Pipes that are no louder than 3 PCs playing. I can't even imagine what they would do if I brought out the big guns.

Then again, for the rest of the week I start work at 5:45am...so if I get here 30 minutes early I might be able to pull off piping in the parking garage :woohoo:
It's sad that some people just have no taste at all. But hey, parking garages are great practice places, especially way down in them. The echoes are phenomenal. We've done warmups in them many times.:bg:

wjjagfan
13-03-07, 11:46 PM
I've brought my pipes to work. Fortunately we have a big field just south of our adminstration building, so it's no big deal to practice out there - in fact it's rather a nice setting. Now that the weather has warmed up I need to start bringing them again. It really is a nice way to keep up the wind.

If you wanna get good you gotta put in the time.