PDA

View Full Version : What have you really won?

Celtic Mitch
08-04-06, 04:57 PM
Ok, I was with some people last night that had a very funny and interesting story to tell about the World's Best Bass section trophy. It seems a band had won it but the trophy was an absolute mess. So, the person that was to ship it back to Scotland decided to take a trohpy from another fairly well known games in the USA, fix it up, switch the plates and shipp it back. The old beaten up worlds trohpy went back to the games in the USA. So...when you win the best bass at the worlds, you've really not won the trophy from the worlds.

I won't name the band, the person or the US games, but I thought that was a pretty interesting story on the history of the worlds best bass trohpy.

redneck
09-04-06, 12:06 PM
What grade?

Dai Robb
09-04-06, 08:47 PM
I wonder how many actually take the time to read the inscriptions anyway??

Celtic Mitch
10-04-06, 03:01 AM
Grade 1 Redneck.

sass jane
10-04-06, 04:51 AM
That is a nifty story...thanks Mitch!! There are a lot of trophies floating around that aren't actually the original trophy though....for instance...the Stanley Cup...

Celtic Mitch
10-04-06, 03:33 PM
That's true Sass....I laughed my head off when I heard the story...but the worlds' people got the better end of the deal from what I hear.

Bobby
10-04-06, 07:44 PM
My dad had a good story about the Stanley Cup. he was a cop for 36 years, and back in the 60's, after one of the Montreal Canadian's many wins, the cup was handed over to the team for photo's and festivities. Several members journeyed to Ottawa to continue the party, and on the return trip they suffered a flat tire along the highway. They repaired the tire and went on their way. You guessed it....next day, they couldn't find the cup. They reported it missing...My dad says the cup was found lying in a ditch alongside the highway where they left it. No one stopped to see what it was! They had actually used it to hold up the end of the car while they changed the tire !:stopit: according to local legend

I'm not sure, but I believe that was the last time the original was given to the winning team.