PDA

View Full Version : Launching Point - Destination Scotland ...

CelticCeith
04-08-07, 01:07 AM
Well it seems that chez Ceith has become a launching point of sorts for several PBF members heading to Bonnie Ole' Scotland. Aside from a non-posting member who will be dropping by just prior to his departure, I have just found that Dan aka "Drumpretzel” will be spending a few hours here (and leaving his car in my neighbours Driveway) prior to his Tueday night departure. Following that …. I will play host to a most revered guest “Her Royal Sassness”. Sass and I will be heading out to the Airport by 6:00 pm on Wednesday ……

Looking forward to meeting all of you Friday night at the Griffon Get Together
:Ceith: :Ceith: :Ceith: :were: :were: :bow: :bow: :beer: :beer: :scot: :irishman: :can:

janelleTG
04-08-07, 01:13 AM
You guys have a great time. Please tell Sass we miss her, haven't seen her here much lately. Give her a big Aussie G'day for me.

Terrance
04-08-07, 02:15 AM
Have a great time and explore Europe while you are there.

Kiltswinger
04-08-07, 02:51 AM
Tuesday nite departure?

hmmmmmmmmmm Air Transat at 6:30 by any chance?

That's the one I'm on!

CelticCeith
04-08-07, 06:16 PM
Tuesday nite departure?

hmmmmmmmmmm Air Transat at 6:30 by any chance?

That's the one I'm on!

No we are all going Globespan out of Hamilton.

Terrance
04-08-07, 06:22 PM
Good luck with flyGlobalspan.
Hopefully you'll have better luck than these people.

http://www.irishecho.com/newspaper/story.cfm?id=18491

Dai Robb
04-08-07, 07:12 PM
How to inspire people eh? Terrance

Stormy
04-08-07, 10:50 PM
Don't know whether to believe the airline or the passengers. Only one thing to consider, pay a cut price airline for a cut price service or pay the expensive fare with a reliable airline.

Personally I have come to the conclusion that flying is no longer the enjoyment it once was due to long queues and non-sensical security regulations.
The chances of me ever flying again are very slim.

Dai Robb
04-08-07, 11:23 PM
Certainly no enjoyment these days in flying yet if you dont go with the cheaper flights it would be impossible to get to various events aka the worlds, I am happy to pay that little bit extra, but it does not always work out

Terrance
05-08-07, 01:36 AM
How to inspire people eh? Terrance

This was big news here Dai...people going to Ireland stuck at JFK airport for a week. It was terrible.
And as Stormy said flying is not as enjoyable as it once was.

Forget I said anything.

Stormy
05-08-07, 01:51 PM
Forget I said anything.

We usually do!! :rotf:

CelticCeith
05-08-07, 06:54 PM
Certainly no enjoyment these days in flying yet if you dont go with the cheaper flights it would be impossible to get to various events aka the worlds, I am happy to pay that little bit extra, but it does not always work out

With the costs of flights unfortunately I look for the cheapest rate. On an aside ... is pretty sad when I can fly arcoss a freekin' Ocean for a mere $120.00 more then it costs me to fly to Montreal. I can drive to Montreal in 6 hours. :gah: :gah:

Dai Robb
05-08-07, 07:04 PM
I will be nervous as hell until such times as I have been and got back again. Last year I was on the motor way en route to the airport, when I got a call from Gillian telling me that the airporst were all closed, thanks to the terrorists?
The attack the other week at Glasgow< got me thinking "here we go again" so until I have been and returned, I will be on pins.

PowerBoozer007
05-08-07, 07:22 PM
Sitting in a flying Tube for 9 hours is unbarable!

Dealing with Security idiocy is insulting.

Traveling to any destination with friends is priceless!

Traveling back with them in a flying tube for 9 hours is unbarable. :rotf:

Terrance
05-08-07, 07:44 PM
It will be interesting to see if the airlines misplace SFU's drums on the way back...this year like they did last year.