PDA

View Full Version : 78th winning winning it all in 1987 and at Todd's Bar Glasgow in 2007.

GwaiiEagle
08-09-07, 04:30 AM
The performance from the first 'non-Scots' band to win the event. The end is priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-KU6u6OsvM

And out front of Todd's Bar Glasgow, in 2007. The day prior the world's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhTNZTUILVo

Bondy
08-09-07, 04:31 AM
sheer class great find

Stormy
08-09-07, 12:02 PM
Can someone PLEASE delete this thread IMMEDIATELY!!!!! :gah: :gah:

"ILLIGITIMATES" still comes to mind!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ps - Naw, ah didnae watch it!

Stormy
09-09-07, 02:01 PM
Silence in the thread or over 24 hours!!!!!
Maybe my suggestion was a good one!!!

Robbie.Crow
09-09-07, 02:03 PM
*keeping quiet.. but agrees with stormy :bg:*

Robbie.Crow
09-09-07, 02:04 PM
*also just rememberd why stormy said what he did.. they ruined his bands 6 year run :P*

Stormy
09-09-07, 02:22 PM
Robbie,
They ruined a 10 year run. We got the 6-in-a-Row!!!!!

Bondy
09-09-07, 02:42 PM
Robbie,
They ruined a 10 year run. We got the 6-in-a-Row!!!!!

they made g1 intersting again it wa soooo predictible back then SPPB were head and shoulders ahead of everyone at least the 78th proved they were human

Stormy
09-09-07, 03:49 PM
they made g1 intersting again it wa soooo predictible back then SPPB were head and shoulders ahead of everyone at least the 78th proved they were human

How long do you wish to remain a member here?

Scarlet O'Hair
09-09-07, 05:16 PM
:rotf: Stormy, you should have added this one! >> :stormy2:

redneck
09-09-07, 05:18 PM

:rotf: :rotf: :Ceith: :tommy: :vik:

GwaiiEagle
09-09-07, 05:43 PM
One must ask why it is so horrid to image a Canadian band winning the championship, when the FMM of Northern Ireland has won it 6(?) times.

With the sheer number of people in Canada who claim lineage to Scotland, it is hardly surprising.

It has been often said that Canada got the Scots and the US the Irish.

My immediate neighbours, for example, are the Bells, Elliots, Leslies, and Bruces, My grandfather's mum was a Davidson from Inverness. The local constable is Mister Hogg, the ranchers are Richardsons, and the premier of the province is a Campbell. Oh, and I am an alumni of SFU.

Forgot to mention that people from off-island who bought the house two doors over are from Dumbarton. He came other the other day and asked if I wanted a Argyll and Sutherland regimental kilt.

Good thing we are not talking world curling championships!

:can: :bananapiper: :scot: :beer:

Bondy
09-09-07, 08:18 PM

a wee bit longer please:rotf: . 78th were good that day though:Ceith:

PipeFuzz
09-09-07, 08:40 PM
One must ask why it is so horrid to image a Canadian band winning the championship, when the FMM of Northern Ireland has won it 6(?) times.

With the sheer number of people in Canada who claim lineage to Scotland, it is hardly surprising.

It has been often said that Canada got the Scots and the US the Irish.

My immediate neighbours, for example, are the Bells, Elliots, Leslies, and Bruces, My grandfather's mum was a Davidson from Inverness. The local constable is Mister Hogg, the ranchers are Richardsons, and the premier of the province is a Campbell. Oh, and I am an alumni of SFU.

Forgot to mention that people from off-island who bought the house two doors over are from Dumbarton. He came other the other day and asked if I wanted a Argyll and Sutherland regimental kilt.

Good thing we are not talking world curling championships!

:can: :bananapiper: :scot: :beer:

Hey Eagle, being a Dumbarton transplant myself - maybe I know your neighbor!

Fuzz

GwaiiEagle
10-09-07, 04:45 PM
His name is Hanny, I think.

Chiddy
10-09-07, 05:18 PM
Wooohoooo the Year i was born :D:D:D:D