PDA

View Full Version : Mull of Kyintrye

Robbie.Crow
24-09-07, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzs5aOYr8B4

Lisa
24-09-07, 01:00 PM
Thanks for that Robbie

I remember, when I was young (that was only a year ago or so), and I was growing up in Germany, listening to that song over and over. Never did get sick of it! Even as a 10 yr old, I loved the pipes in that tune!

Dai Robb
24-09-07, 01:30 PM
Agree with you Lisa, although not exactlt 10years old at the time????? I loved it then and love it now, one of the many brilliant songs from Sir Paul.

DM Bill
24-09-07, 05:01 PM
I recorded myself on guitar, then played my pipes to that tune. One of my first full tunes I played through on pipes, as a matter of fact.
My teacher would've burst a blood vessel if he'd known!

rpeitzsch
24-09-07, 05:36 PM
Interesting, if you look at the footprints in the sand when the band is marching, you can tell that they had to do at least 1 retake.

EdB
24-09-07, 06:18 PM
would have been better if he used the pipes!

Highland Laddie
26-09-07, 09:36 AM
Dose anyone know who the band were? And did Paul Mc have a house/stay on Mull at one time or was is just the setting for the tune?

Dai Robb
26-09-07, 11:35 AM
Paul and his then ife Lynda had and too my knowledge Still have a House there, The band(I assume you mean the Pipe Band) I cannot remember, I do know they were just a local Band, and they only received virtually peanuts for their appearance. Of course the name of Pauls's band was Wings.

Robbie.Crow
26-09-07, 01:33 PM
Wasnt it the campbelltown band?

pipingconnections
26-09-07, 02:01 PM
Wasnt it the campbelltown band?

Well done Robbie who told yeh that !!!:rotf: :rotf:

Dai Robb
26-09-07, 03:04 PM
Yep quite right Robbie, After i had posted I remembered , but called my Nephew to confirm, and he he did, It seems that they actually did not get paid? they received expenses, and a meal, it was all done over TWO days, But the band received some new equipment in lieu of payment.
By the way my Nephew is the Young lad in the Grey jacket, His Dad was the DM.
The second night when they filmed the Bonfire scene, it seems that the whole village was treated to a Barbeque and it went on into the early hours?,

firepiper
26-09-07, 05:19 PM
A bbq? I wonder what they had, seeing as Paul McCartney is a vegetarian, as was his late wife, and probably wouldn't have had meat anywhere near them. Mind you, maybe they didn't attend the bbq themselves.
Neat video tho'.

Dai Robb
26-09-07, 06:10 PM
I could always phone my nephew and ask what they had? maybe some of Lynda's veggieburgers, I dont even kbnow if they were at the BBQ as you say? Then again it was some time ago