PDA

View Full Version : Two RSPBA Bands moved to Grade 3

baxdrum
24-10-07, 09:42 PM
I just received the news that both the LA Scots grade 4 and Wasatch and District have been promoted to grade 3 in WUSPBA. This is great news for both bands. I am sure both organizations are looking forward to putting together new grade 4 programs as well as competing in grade 3.

Bruce

Stormy
24-10-07, 10:59 PM
I just received the news that both the LA Scots grade 4 and Wasatch and District have been promoted to grade 3 in WUSPBA.

Will they be playing in G3 if they attend the Worlds? Well done on the promotion but I am led to believe that the gradings are different on each side of the Atlantic whether the band is RSPBA registered or not.

Bashful
25-10-07, 01:07 AM
Congratulations to both organizations on their achievement!

:kait: :cindy: :kait: :cindy: :kait: :cindy:

Later,

B

PowerBoozer007
25-10-07, 01:59 AM
Nice Job Bruce!

I believe the upgrade is 3B in the RSPBA system?

Bobby
25-10-07, 02:27 AM
If I remember correctly, there's supposed to be an agreement in place between the various societies to recognize and respect each other's grading system. If that is the case, then the RSPBA would be required to accept an entry into grade 3 at the worlds. They may be required to be evaluated on whether it's 3A or 3B, but that would be all.

baxdrum
31-10-07, 06:41 PM
Will they be playing in G3 if they attend the Worlds? Well done on the promotion but I am led to believe that the gradings are different on each side of the Atlantic whether the band is RSPBA registered or not.

I believe W&D would be playing 3B at the worlds. I've never been one to agree with "grade shopping" when playing in other associations. I've seen it done of course, but never thought it was very sporting.