PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gigs

PowerBoozer007
11-12-07, 06:16 PM
Any Chistmas gigs coming up or what customs do you have for the season?

We have a local Celtic Christmas concert here in town, it attracts about 1500 people. It's a good night with late night sessions afterward!

boltonbagpiper
11-12-07, 06:47 PM
2 pensioners parties on Thursday, and a visit from the mayor Pipe them in and then a few tunes on the smallpipes, then escape the senile delinquents that want to tell you about their Scottish grandma, actually its a privilage to play for them, they are a very appreciative audience and many have some harrowing wartime stories.

rangerpiper
12-12-07, 12:05 AM
Our 5 Santa Claus parades are done for this year, the kids love the pipes playing these tunes but it is good to be done with them. Put the P3's back away and had the blackwood out as we work on Burn's stuff for next month. Our band practices on Monday's so we miss out on the 24th & 31st and only 2 practices in Jan. till Burns. The band sounded good last night so I hope they keep at it over the holidays.

PowerBoozer007
12-12-07, 02:38 AM
The band sounded good last night so I hope they keep at it over the holidays.

You wouldn't happen to be a pipe major would you? ;-)

rangerpiper
12-12-07, 12:12 PM
Why yes, how could you guess??

PowerBoozer007
12-12-07, 08:13 PM
Our band practices on Monday's so we miss out on the 24th & 31st and only 2 practices in Jan. till Burns.

The rank and file types don't think like this! :biglaugh:

Piper of Rose
13-12-07, 01:34 AM
The Gatlinburg Christmas Parade (not the Holiday parade but CHRISTMAS) was last weekend. I missed it due to a head cold that has its grip on me. Next week Drummer of Rose and I have a big. Some kind of richy snobby high faluting party. WEEEEEHHAAAAAWWWW.:moo:(could not find another smilie so.......chocolate milk is good and soo....)