PDA

View Full Version : PPBSO Rules for non-PPBSO Bands

3DronesorNoTone
02-01-08, 06:54 PM
Can anyone confirm that the PPBSO will allow a non-PPBSO registered band to compete at only 5 PPBSO sanctioned contests ? The band would be registered in another recognized organization like MWPBA or EUSPBA.

I am told this is true but I do not see anything in the rules regarding this.

BARR_R
02-01-08, 07:04 PM
Only your band.....................The Evil Empire is allowed to compete at only 5 PPBSO contests.

sass jane
02-01-08, 07:05 PM
I can't confirm that.....but it sounds likely.

Why don't you just drop them a line or give them a ring...should confirm it.

Bobby
02-01-08, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure about the number of contests you can enter. Check with the officials.

This is the only rule mentioned on their website under the heading of Elligibility to Compete:

" A competitor must be a current, paid-up member of the >Society or an Affiliated Organization. "

In order to be elligible for Champion Supreme points and award, your band must be a member of the PPBSO. Given that there is no band "membership" category, that means all of your band members must be members of the PPBSO in order to compete for PPBSO Champion Supreme.

PowerBoozer007
02-01-08, 07:30 PM
In order to be elligible for Champion Supreme points and award, your band must be a member of the PPBSO. Given that there is no band "membership" category, that means all of your band members must be members of the PPBSO in order to compete for PPBSO Champion Supreme.

This would be correct!!

In the last year (97) of the Detroit band, we joined the MWPBA as it was too expensive to join PPBSO. As long as you belong to a piping association, you can play anywhere in the World.

BARR_R
04-01-08, 02:24 PM
Steve,

I talked to Sharon about this yesterday. She said that you can enter as many contests as you like.

Scarlet O'Hair
04-01-08, 02:48 PM
I was just going to say that when we were McComb Memorial, we belonged to MWPBA and there was not a limit to the amount of PPBSO contests we could take part in.

When we became the Frost, we felt it was important to be part of our "home" society and have since done that.

Celtic Mitch
06-01-08, 03:27 PM
Yes, everyone is correct. As long as you belong to a recognized pipe band association your band can compete at any and all PPBSO sanctioned events. The only downfall is that you are not eleigble for Champion Surpreme points and the ultimate award should you win but are NOT a PPBSO registered band.

I would assume the reverse would apply as well, meaning, if a PPBSO registered band competed at any other associations events, they would not be eligible to accumulate points etc.

PowerBoozer007
06-01-08, 03:51 PM
I would assume the reverse would apply as well, meaning, if a PPBSO registered band competed at any other associations events, they would not be eligible to accumulate points etc.

I'm not even certain if WUSPBA has such a system!