PDA

View Full Version : Week from ****

Lisa
18-01-08, 12:00 AM
you thought I was saying H*ll right? Well... nope.. it's a week from Heck! LOLOL

K.. I'm here... and did have a real crappy week or so, hence my not being around.

Not going to get into it too much...but

1. threw my back out (it's on the mend now)
2. school probs (actually.. teacher/principal) with my son, Andrew... for the last 2 weeks arrrgghhh!
3. 1400 plus pounds of laundry on Monday from a new contract... should have only been 400 pounds! then the regular 400-450 pounds each morning this week.

Soooo.. some good news though.

1. I went shopping tonight after work.. bought 3 new pairs of pants (I love sidewalk sales at the Mall)
2. Andrew and his special needs hockey team will be meeting with Ken Dryden and skating with him on Thursday next week! He's in town for some politics, and heard about this new team for special needs kids and wants to meet them! Whoohooo! We're all really excited! I'll be taking pics.. and.. maybe if my back is back to normal.. I'll put on my skates too!

K.. now I feel better posting about my frustrating week.. it's like therapy here! LOLOL Thanks for listening ;)

Lisa

Kiltswinger
18-01-08, 12:44 AM
You call that venting about a crappy week? :shtf:

Your control is remarkable!

janelleTG
18-01-08, 07:35 AM
Sorry you had such a crappy week Lisa, hope your back gets better.
I read No. 3 and think, Wow, Lisa made lots of money this week. :bg:, so isn't that a good thing. :rotf:

mlf
18-01-08, 10:46 AM
Lisa please don't take this wrong way, it is intended to make you laugh because you've had such a crappy week. If you are offended in any way just close your eyes, think of me and when my image pops up (i hope it's a good one) just kick and punch the **** out of me. Anyway, here goes.
I don't think number 3 would be a problem,,,,it's what women do. :bolt:

macpiper
18-01-08, 11:04 AM
them's fighting words mlf...just wait til she gets up this morning and sees the dumping of snow we got last night...just came in after an hour of shovelling and haven't even touched the worst of it yet

scarhandpiper
18-01-08, 12:07 PM
3. 1400 plus pounds of laundry on Monday from a new contract... should have only been 400 pounds! then the regular 400-450 pounds each morning this week.

You need to be firm with your family not to change their clothes so often!!

piper_dancer
18-01-08, 12:23 PM
awww lisa!
on the bright side, there was the sidewalk sale. :bg: that's all that matters.
and you have us to brighten your day if needed.:hug:

Lisa
18-01-08, 12:50 PM
You guys are great :) thanks!!!

Andy....:porcanden :porcanden :porcanden LOLOL

BTW Cat... the snow doesn't seem too bad out there so far! but it's still snowing.
I'm still gearing up for next weekend.... pray that we don't get any snow then! I'm chicken driving in that crap! LOL

Pete Walen
18-01-08, 12:57 PM
Heck is for people who don't believe in Gosh...

:bg:

Ummm - you bought clothing at a sidewalk sale? Ya know, after ya wear clothing, it turns into....

LAUNDRY!!!! :woohoo:

scarhandpiper
18-01-08, 01:10 PM
Ontario Math: clothes + wearing = laundry:poke:

Lisa
18-01-08, 01:12 PM
ROFL Pete!!!!

Yanno.. we sometimes bring our home laundry to work on Saturdays to do. OMG.. it takes only about 2 hrs to do it completely. But, with this new contract (8 week contract).... our Saturdays are taken up doing the nursing home's laundry, so now I have to do mine at home ;(

Something funny....

We had soo much laundry on Monday, that we had our kids come in to help fold in the evening. As they were joking about some of the undergarments of the seniors.. they were laughing. I told them to have some respect for the seniors who are sick.. that one day, they'll be seniors, possibly in a nursing home. So.. my teenage daughter said.. Mom, I feel sorry for them too... look how they dress! LOLOL I told her that when she's a senior..... thongs WON"T be comfortable! LOLOLOL

Here's a pic of some of the laundry we had Monday night!

Bobby
18-01-08, 01:47 PM
I HATE doing laundry!!!!!!!

I'm stil looking for a home washer/dryer that I can throw everything I own into all at the same time and it comes out clean dry and folded.

DM Bill
18-01-08, 03:40 PM
Then Get Married, Bobby! :bolt:

KIDDING EVERYONE! SERIOUSLY!~

Lisa, If your kids pitch in at the Biz, they have no excuse for not doing it at home, now, right?

Seeya.

Itchyknee
18-01-08, 05:51 PM
This sexist nonsense might cheer you up Lisa!

EVENING CLASSES FOR MEN!

ALL ARE WELCOME
OPEN TO MEN ONLY

Note: due to the complexity and level of difficulty, each course will accept a maximum of eight participants

The course covers two days, and topics covered in this course include:

DAY ONE

HOW TO FILL ICE CUBE TRAYS
Step by step guide with slide presentation

TOILET ROLLS - DO THEY GROW ON THE HOLDERS?
Roundtable discussion

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LAUNDRY BASKET & FLOOR
Practicing with hamper ( pictures and graphics)

DISHES & CUTLERY; DO THEY LEVITATE/FLY TO KITCHEN SINK OR DISHWASHER BY THEMSELVES?
Debate amongst a panel of experts

REMOTE CONTROL
Losing the remote control - Helpline and support groups

LEARNING HOW TO FIND THINGS
Starting with looking in the right place instead of turning the house upside down whil st shouting - Open forum

DAY TWO

EMPTY MILK CARTONS; DO THEY BELONG IN THE FRIDGE OR THE BIN?
Group discussion and role play

HEALTH WATCH; BRINGING HER FLOWERS IS NOT HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH
PowerPoint presentation

REAL MEN ASK FOR DIRECTIONS WHEN LOST
Real life testimonial from the one man who did

IS IT GENETICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SIT QUIETLY AS SHE PARALLEL PARKS?
Driving simulation

LIVING WITH ADULTS; BASIC DIFFERENCES BETWEEN YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR PARTNER
Online class and role playing

HOW TO BE THE IDEAL SHOPPING COMPANION
Relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques

REMEMBERING IMPORTANT DATES & CALLING WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE
Bring your calendar or PDA to class

GETTING OVER IT; LEARNING HOW TO LIVE WITH BEING WRONG ALL THE TIME
Individual counselors available

scarhandpiper
18-01-08, 06:30 PM
Itchy, that is GREAT!!!:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I know several people I'd like to sign up for that class!!!

Bobby
18-01-08, 06:37 PM
Then Get Married, Bobby! :bolt:

KIDDING EVERYONE! SERIOUSLY!~

Lisa, If your kids pitch in at the Biz, they have no excuse for not doing it at home, now, right?

Seeya.

Me and poopy diapers do not get along......:vomit:

Vikki
18-01-08, 06:41 PM
well next week can only get better!!

scarhandpiper
18-01-08, 07:55 PM
Or it could be worse . . .

mlf
18-01-08, 08:18 PM
One or the other, unless it's like groundhog day.

Vikki
18-01-08, 08:49 PM
i know a lotta people who should sign up for them classes

CanuckinGA
19-01-08, 01:49 AM
Me and poopy diapers do not get along......:vomit:

And yet at one time you were very close! :poke:

Piper06
19-01-08, 05:34 AM
You know Lisa if you hadn't bought all of those clothes at the sidewalk sale you would of only had about 1/3 of the laundry to do. :poke:

I hope this week will be better for you. Just never say it can't get any worse. Brother Murphy will step in and prove you wrong. :rotf:

Here's to a good next week :Ceith: :Ceith:

Lisa
19-01-08, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys!

And my week is getting better ;) Took many hot baths, chatted online a bit, posted in the forums, hugged my kids and hubby ... and folded clothes! LOLOL

Just for an fyi: This week, the new contract alone was 2751 pounds of nursing home laundry! Whew... glad it's done and ready to do it all again starting on Monday!

Oh yeah.. had to tell you I stopped at a clearance store here last night... bought 2 demin jackets (one red, one brown) for $7.50 each!!!! Yeah, I know.. more laundry. ROFL

I'm not a shop-a-holic at all.. in fact, I barely buy myself anything, but this week, with the sidewalk sale and visiting the clearance store... whoohhoooo... I couldn't resist!

mlf
19-01-08, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys!

.........hugged my kids...........

THAT is the main thing, nothing else really matters.

KatieMc
20-01-08, 01:33 AM
THAT is the main thing, nothing else really matters.

That DOES tend to make everything better, doesn't it? :bighug:

Piper06
20-01-08, 04:52 AM
Lisa I would try hugging your kids, but that is a long drive for me. :rotf:

I did some shopping today, almost bought new drone reeds and a new chanter. But looked at the bottom line and chickened out. :Ceith:

macpiper
20-01-08, 12:55 PM
LOLOL I told her that when she's a senior..... thongs WON"T be comfortable! LOLOLOL

Not only will they be uncomfortable, but then she'll want the granny panties to hold everything in the right spot!

KatieMc
20-01-08, 01:48 PM
You know, I had not read this entire thread yesterday, just came in while Lisa was hugging the kids and hubby. But HAD to read it when Catherine started talking about granny panties.... I was confused!! :jeeze:

You people are hilarious!! Especially those guys who make cute comments about women and laundry. Come to my house, dear ones.... Ron and Stephen do their OWN laundry!!! Not only that, but Ron will say, "I'm washing jeans.... do you have anything you want me to throw in for you?"

Have I trained them well or what? :kait:

And Lisa, I'm so sorry you had a crappy week.... hope next week is better! :bighug: