PDA

View Full Version : Burns Night

portlypiper
25-01-08, 01:53 PM
All the very best to everyone attending Burns Suppers over the weekend, looking forward to reading the stories next week.It's a great opportunity / excuse for a band social and a good old beer call.

Take it easy.

P.S. Don't forget, when you lose all those inhibitions and start the wild ceilidh dances there is always someone with a camera happy to record those precious memories and post them on a forum !!!!!!!!

:party: :beer: :beer: :beer:

phyx
25-01-08, 01:55 PM
Bring on the haggis! :beer:

A. Shack
25-01-08, 02:31 PM
Bring on the haggis! :beer:

Here's my fave Haggis Recipe (from the DKM Site)

:bgt:

phyx
25-01-08, 02:53 PM
LOL Nice one! :bgt:

macpiper
26-01-08, 01:25 PM
P.S. Don't forget, when you lose all those inhibitions and start the wild ceilidh dances there is always someone with a camera happy to record those precious memories and post them on a forum !!!!!!!!

:party: :beer: :beer: :beer:

ya that someone is usually my husband!

TheHourglassSuite
26-01-08, 02:12 PM
Here's my fave Haggis Recipe (from the DKM Site)

:bgt:

Spicy! Spicy! Spicy! Spicy!

Ahaha, damn I've not heard a DKM song in a poor while.

Celtic Mitch
26-01-08, 05:06 PM
Last night, in Hamilton Ontario, I went to a concert by Scantily Plaid. It was held at this beautiful old church in downtown Hamilton and the accoustics were fab. They did a rendition of "Here Comes The Sun" on small pipes, harp and guitar..it was awesome.

Imagine sitting in old style pews, looking at magnificent wood carved pillars, celtic style wall decoration, an elaborate pulpit and choir loft, the smell of church coffee brewing and listening to Bob Worrall and company. They are terrific and if you ever get the chance to see them live, do so. What a talented group of people.

Afterwards the chuch put on chuch coffee and shortbread. It was a really cool way to spend Robbie Burns day. The coffee and tea were served in china cups..yeah...very very cool.

The day started out really good, Danny McLardie, owner of Opies Meats in Hamilton and maker of probably the best haggis on the planet, was on my local radio station. He did verses two and five of the address to the haggis and it was wicked. I really enjoyed yesterday.

Have I mentioned I LOVE church coffee...that and church sandwiches and church pickles. Don't know what it is, but they just always taste amazing. I'm not a church goer, but occasionally I've been to functions where they serve these amazing delicasies. They truly do put the fun in funerals.

MacFlash
26-01-08, 05:59 PM
i have both cameras ready............also enough batteries and memory cards.........heehee