PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Monarch Bagpipe Bags

Power Piper
07-03-08, 10:35 PM
Hello People,

Would like to introduce our Monarch Bagpipe Bags business to all forum members and visitors to this great Pipebands Forum to let you know who and what we do.

We actually started building our bagpipe bags late 2004 and by early 2005 were selling them by word of mouth from customer recommendations.

The bags came about from my personal need for a much more comfortable bag due to my back to front right hand up and left hand down for the bottom notes “leftie” playing style.

The first bag designed was the Monarch Standard and then came the Monarch Swan which was the one that fitted my needs the most and as I found out later the needs of other pipers. We ended up making bags by request. This eventuated in the start up of Monarch Bagpipe Bags.

For more details on our synthetic Monarch Bagpipe Bags please go to our website by the following link www.monarchbagpipebags.com

We have some new exciting distinctive Monarch leather bags due to come on line soon. This will give Monarch Bagpipe Bags a fuller range of bagpipe bags which should cover most pipers needs when it comes to bagpipe bags. The first of these bags was designed mid 2006 and so far shows good promise. Will keep you all informed when future developments come to hand.

Our Intention as a business is to provide to all pipers and pipe bands a larger range of Monarch Bagpipe Bags offering the same standards of comfort, quality and durability as the Monarch Standard and Monarch Swan bags.

Only too pleased to answer any questions you might have about our synthetic fabric bagpipe bags. Feel free to ask through a thread on this Forum, a PM or through terry@monarchbagpipebags.com

Regards to all
Terry Power (Power Piper)
www.monarchbagpipebags.com

Piper06
08-03-08, 02:15 AM
Two questions. First is what are the dimensions on your different sized bags. Not all bags are the same, some smalls are larger than other companies medium. It would be helpful if this information was on your website for us shoppers.

Second are there distributors in the US. The currency conversion fees and shipping costs make it costly to buy outside the US right now.

Power Piper
08-03-08, 04:57 AM
Two questions. First is what are the dimensions on your different sized bags. Not all bags are the same, some smalls are larger than other companies medium. It would be helpful if this information was on your website for us shoppers.

Second are there distributors in the US. The currency conversion fees and shipping costs make it costly to buy outside the US right now.

Hello Piper06,

The answer to your first question is:-

The Monarch Standard bag:-
Small size is 26.5cm deep x 70cm long
Medium size is 28cm deep x 70cm long
Large size is 30cm deep x 72.5cm long

The Monarch Swan bag:-
Small size is 26.5cm deep x 70cm long
Medium size is 27.5cm deep x 72.5cm long
Large size is 29.5 deep x 72.5cm long.

The above bags are also made for left handed pipers ( I'm one)

We also make blank small pipe bags.
One size only 24cm deep x 70cm long.

The leather bags coming later this year will be similar in size.

The answer to your second question is we have been retailing directly to the American and Canadian public so as to get the product accepted quickly and then bring on line the Distributors who have shown a genuine active interest in marketing our bags. The two most active at present are McCarthy Highland Services www.mccarthyhighland.com in Ottawa and Coastal Bagpipes at www.coastalbagpipes.com in Virginia Beach.
Gibson Bagpipes are now using the Monarch brand as the bag of choice on their pipes. More selected distributors will be coming on line in due course.

Hope this helps Piper06
Power Piper

RBurke
08-03-08, 05:11 AM
Terry,

Thanks for the plug, hope all is well.

Bobby

Power Piper
08-03-08, 07:04 AM
Terry,

Thanks for the plug, hope all is well.

Bobby

Your welcome Bobby.
Terry

Silent Piper
19-06-08, 12:09 PM
1) I used a Canmore bag a few years ago. It was like a piece of cloth. Is this of the same character as the canmore bag when not blown up?

2) When fitting a Swan Synthetic to a set of pipes, how is it fitted on to the stocks?

3) What is the price? (price + postage to Norway)

4) Who is the supplier(s) in United Kingdom?

ToneCzar
24-01-09, 07:45 PM
Really enjoying my new Kangaroo bag, Terry!

Chris

Paul Ouellette
24-01-09, 07:50 PM
Chris :

Did they take a long time to fill the order...

Or did they hop right to it ?? ;)

P.

Power Piper
25-01-09, 11:41 AM
Really enjoying my new Kangaroo bag, Terry!

Chris

Pleased about that Chris. Nice to hear.

Terry
...............Double post automerged..............
Chris :

Did they take a long time to fill the order...

Or did they hop right to it ?? ;)

P.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: There is one thing about you Paul and that's your good sense of humour:bc::bc:

getawaytae
25-01-09, 01:50 PM
Has it got MCS?

Power Piper
27-01-09, 08:23 AM
Has it got MCS?

No Gtawaytae there is no MCS with the bag. It has better moisture absorbtion and dissapation than cow hide and some say as good as sheep skin. Myself I prefer to say that it is better than cow hide. Keep in mind no matter what leather the bag is made of, once it is saturated with moisture you will need a MSC unless you are playing in a dry type climate. If this is the case the bag will amply transmit water to the outside and then be evaporated rather quickly. How quickly a bag drys is also influenced by what the bag cover is made of. Cotton or wool would be probably the best covers as both take on moisture and dissipate it quickly. I'm not plugging for another company here but I like to tell all people who ask about bag covers that we reccomend the TruFit bag cover as it is very moisture absorbant and suits the monarch Bag very well when it comes to moisture control. That particular design of bag cover enhances the Monarch Bags in other ways also.
I don'r know of any one so far who uses a Ross or similar canister system in our leather bag. I personally use a tube as some others do and myself being a reasonably wet blower and living in the wet tropics I seem to have no trouble with moisture on my reeds. Actually the above same story holds true for all of the Monarch Bagpipe Bag range of bags.

Terry