PDA

View Full Version : matrix mouse

Jamesinator
02-06-06, 08:34 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/matrixmouse.html

check this out its awesome

piper_dancer
03-06-06, 06:00 AM
hahaha kinda reminds me of in Super Mario when you have to defeat the bosses...don't know why, just does. He's insane. ahhaha

DoogieG
03-06-06, 12:30 PM
Id personally like to see the owner of that snake dropped into a cage containing a large tiger..see how he fecking likes it.

CelticCeith
03-06-06, 06:11 PM
Id personally like to see the owner of that snake dropped into a cage containing a large tiger..see how he fecking likes it.

Ya those damn-meat eating Snakes .... a truly educated individual would have known to purchase a vegetarian Snake. :devil:

Jamesinator
03-06-06, 07:45 PM
I wonder who won the fight lol....looked like the mouse took a jab at the snake at the end.

redneck
04-06-06, 12:58 PM
My snakes are feed mice, the larger snake gets an adult rat once a month.

Never would I dream of putting a live rodent into my vivariums. For one thing the vet bill would be way too expensive if the rat/mouse were to do any damage.

The rats/mice are stunned prior to feeding so as the snake will not get injured. Packets of pre killed frozen rodents are available, so live feeding is not and in my opinion needed.

DoogieG
04-06-06, 01:20 PM
Firstly ..I dont see why people keep reptiles.....altho Its all down to taste..so no probs..Im not a tree hugger by any means..but there is no need to feed em live mice...its not feeding em ..its turning it into a show.

redneck
04-06-06, 02:12 PM
Do you have any pets? if so why do you keep 'em? Daft bloody question.

If ya read my post I don't agree wi live feeding. Sometimes (on rare occasions) it is necessary to live feed. Purely to get a snake feeding again after it's 6month lay off,(hibernation). The snake will still attack and constrict the frozen/thawed rats/mice. Turning it into a show? another anti reptile comment, it is the same response as a cat catching a mouse.........it's nature.

DoogieG
04-06-06, 06:19 PM
I did read your post.......but whats the point in keeping a dog as a pet?? Well...its good company..its fluffy.....warm..you can talk to it..throw it a stick.....what can you do exactly with a fecking snake??? Its not a pet more of an interest I suppose???

Anti reptile...LOL..never been called that before......and I dont think Ive ever seen a cat in a glass case chasing a mouse, at least a mouse has an outside chance of escaping. Its not natural to keep any reptile in a case.

If I ever see anyone taking a snake for a walk on a lead then I take your point.....

redneck
04-06-06, 10:58 PM
Yes m8, an interest it is. To be honest I've always been interested in all animals. By the way it's not a case it's a vivarium, specially built to replicate the different environments the snakes need, ie humidity levels through to desert like conditions.

Herpetology is very interesting from all aspect's breeding, behavioural habits, setting up of the display tank to look like a tropical rain forest/desert habitat or forest/woodland type environment. This will allow the snake to act and behave as it would do in the wild, it's a challenge to get these setups right. That is part and parcel of the interest of snake keeping/breeding for me, if one of the essential elements are missing then proper breeding programmes cannot take place. Luckily I've been breeding snakes successfully now for many years.

Lots of hours studying books and trial and error have in my opinion been well worth it. There are a lot of snakes who have benefited from captive breeding programmes, otherwise they'd be extinct, one comes to mind and is perhaps one of my favourite the Hogg Island Boa. Now very rare in it's native Islands due to forest destruction. They can gradually be reintroduced back into the wild again.

This my friend is why I find the Herpetology so interesting.

DoogieG
04-06-06, 11:21 PM
Like I said mate..its an interest!!!! Or by the sound of it a way of life for you. I'll stick to my dogs!:pint:

tartaniac
05-06-06, 05:43 AM
"Packets of pre killed frozen rodents are available, so live feeding is not and in my opinion needed".

Dear Redneck: Remind me never to eat anything out of your freezer.

redneck
05-06-06, 06:56 PM
"Packets of pre killed frozen rodents are available, so live feeding is not and in my opinion needed".

Dear Redneck: Remind me never to eat anything out of your freezer.

LOL, they come vacuum packed from the shop. Defrost on demand so to speak, just nip down to the local reptile shop when I need some feeding 'n lay 'em out to defrost. So you'll be safe enough lol.

@Doogie, no harm done m8, but I hope ya have a better insight into why I keep and breed reptiles(snakes) BTW, have had ma fair share of dogs too 1 Cruffs group winner Rough Collie & 1 Irish Champion Blue Merle Shetland Sheepdog.