PDA

View Full Version : Revisit: gas prices

rpeitzsch
31-05-08, 05:44 AM
I paid $4.15 per gallon for gas this morning. I know that we've gone through this before, but given the new current prices for gas, how is this affecting you? Yes, with day-to-day travel, but also with band travel.

jessierose
31-05-08, 06:31 AM
I find that eating yogurt helps.

macpiper
31-05-08, 07:05 AM
There's many products on the market...gas-x, beano...

We're paying $1.31/L of the gas you put in your car... the other gas comes free...

Ceilidh
31-05-08, 12:21 PM
$1.64 with discount. Going to practice is getting expensive.

Steve
31-05-08, 01:35 PM
Our diesel is £1.39 per litre.. and petrol (gas) is £1.20 per litre

Thats double what the North Americians are paying..

As usual.. Its rip off Britian..

StealthPiper
31-05-08, 04:48 PM
I paid $3.76/gal yesterday, and that was with a 3-cent per gallon discount with my Kroger card. I read that gas in Tampa Bay is now starting to break the $4/gal barrier in some places.

Last night, I happened to catch one of those wild police video shows, and they were showing something that happened at a gas station some years ago -- regular was $1.20/gal.

Those were the days...

And to answer the OP, for now, we're still driving 3hrs round-trip to pipe band every week, but I will say that if it gets much worse, we might have to cut back to every other week. Gas prices have definitely nixed our plans to travel to many games this year. I keep hoping my husband's boss will decide soon to let them telecommute a couple of days a week, which will help some.

Bobby
31-05-08, 05:24 PM
It has me thinking extra hard about how far I travel to do anything!!
Rules out going to most of the games for me.

Itchyknee
31-05-08, 09:27 PM
I drive everywhere at 56 mph as i read that's the most efficient speed. It's a bit hairy going through the town though.

CanuckinGA
31-05-08, 09:36 PM
Our diesel is 1.39 per litre.. and petrol (gas) is 1.20 per litre

Thats double what the North Americans are paying..

As usual.. Its rip off Britian..

You'd think that with all of the oil coming out of the North Sea that Britain would get better prices than that. Same deal with Canada, where the taxpayers own (or used to) their own chain of gas stations - Petro-Can.

We travel just under 100 miles round trip to practice, so at two practices per week that adds up. Gas here in north Georgia is sitting just south of $4.00 per gallon (ranging from $3.89 to $3.99). My Subaru gets good gas mileage, but still ...

The oil companies are making record profits, oil speculators are making it hand over fist and Governments are still raking in huge tax revenues from oil. This isn't gonna change anytime soon.

CanuckinGA
31-05-08, 09:38 PM
I drive everywhere at 56 mph as i read that's the most efficient speed. It's a bit hairy going through the town though.

LoL, good exercise for the pedestrians! Try driving the highways around here at 56mph. That will be equally hairy, as other traffic will be passing you at warp speed.