PDA

View Full Version : Special Maintenance couple of days before a competition

Stacpiper
18-07-08, 03:28 AM
Hey there i've got a solo's competition coming up on Sunday and I was just wondering is there any special maintenance I should do to keep my pipes in order. Any advice welcome!

Cheers

Stacpiper
18-07-08, 03:36 AM
Yea just did that before, I put this thread in Drumming didn't I..............

Stacpiper
18-07-08, 03:40 AM
Cheers

UpstatePiper
18-07-08, 04:29 AM
Replace all your tape.

Paul Ouellette
18-07-08, 04:29 AM
Stacpiper :

Are you Richard Parks ?

Just curious.

P.

Stacpiper
18-07-08, 06:18 AM
yea i wish haha

Bobby
18-07-08, 01:01 PM
In the days before your contest, make sure that your tuning is spot on, and take note of how much playing it takes for your drones and chanter reed to settle in and become steady and how long they stay that way. Make sure you give yourself enough time before your contest for that to happen, and leave some extra time in case of emergency.

rpeitzsch
18-07-08, 01:30 PM
Practice, practice, practice: focus on those points that are still rough.

thehorseltd
18-07-08, 01:46 PM
Dont forget to relax...

UpstatePiper
18-07-08, 03:30 PM
In the days before your contest, make sure that your tuning is spot on, and take note of how much playing it takes for your drones and chanter reed to settle in and become steady and how long they stay that way. Make sure you give yourself enough time before your contest for that to happen, and leave some extra time in case of emergency.

Are there any rules of thumb regarding how long it should take? Mine seem to settle down in just a few minutes, and they don't seem to change much from day to day if I stay in my house.

I do notice that my chanter tuning changes a lot depending on the weather.