PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Goal and dream?

Robbie.Crow
10-10-08, 10:00 PM
Just a fun discussion, what is your altimate goal and dream in pipebands? they can be two totally different things! i'll start off...

Ultimate Goal
To reach the final of the Adult World Solo Drumming champoinships and to play in either; Vale of Atholl, Strathclyde Police, SLOT or SFU.

Ultimate Dream
More or less the same as the above, but to Win the adult finals and to lead one of the above drumcores!

next up?

Reid
10-10-08, 10:02 PM
Just a fun discussion, what is your altimate goal and dream in pipebands? they can be two totally different things! i'll start off...

Ultimate Goal
To reach the final of the Adult World Solo Drumming champoinships and to play in either; Vale of Atholl, Strathclyde Police, SLOT or SFU.

Ultimate Dream
More or less the same as the above, but to Win the adult finals and to lead one of the above drumcores!

next up?

To tie my ghillies in a which the laces will not come undone by the end of the day.

Vikki
10-10-08, 10:18 PM
2 things i wanted... goals, dreams, whatever you want to call 'em. 1 down 1 to go.

thehorseltd
10-10-08, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Goal
To find a wonderful woman, and to have many talented kids who will go to G1 in both piping and drumming and win loads of world titles.

Ultimate Dream
To go to win a G1 World Championship with Aughintober....

UpstatePiper
10-10-08, 11:50 PM
I think my ultimate goal is to become a piper who others in my band think of as one of the strong players.

My dream would be for the band to upgrade to 3, and everyone still thinks I'm one of the strong ones.

I don't know if either of those will ever really happen. All I can do is take each day as it comes and continue working towards improving.

As a solo piper, my goal is to make it to grade 3, and my dream is to make it to grade 1. Between time constraints and getting older, I'm probably never going to be competitive in g2 (let alone 1), but maybe it's possible -- most likely in piob.

Bobby
11-10-08, 12:27 AM
have fun playing with friends, deliver a good performance, teach students that go on to success, lead a band to a good performance, die happy, peacefully, and loved.

CanuckinGA
11-10-08, 12:28 AM
Dream? Win the lotto, sing a certain Johnny Paycheck song to the boss, spend more time piping and doing other things that are much more fun than working for a living. :woohoo:

Realistic goal? Not make a total arse of myself in front of the judge at Stone Mountain!

getawaytae
11-10-08, 07:40 AM
Dream? Win the lotto, sing a certain Johnny Paycheck song to the boss, spend more time piping and doing other things that are much more fun than working for a living. :woohoo:

Realistic goal? Not make a total arse of myself in front of the judge at Stone Mountain!

:Rofl: The young ones are all hope and aspiration, but as you get older just living a bit longer and keeping going is enough! Things become more realistic!

UpstatePiper
11-10-08, 01:18 PM

Every time you practice between now and then visualize yourself at the event. Visualize the judge. Visualize the judge writing things down. Most importantly, visualize yourself playing your tune well and sounding good and everything goes just right.

It really helps.

What tune are you playing?