PDA

View Full Version : Signs of aging

Dai Robb
29-06-06, 11:01 PM
Being the elder statesman of this forum(sounds better than Grandad) I thought you young whippersnappers would appreciate this little lot, sent to me by my beloved Grand Daughter(wait till I get her)
1. Although you read more, you remember less
2. Caution is the only thing you want to exercise
3. Happy Hour is an Afternoon Nap
4. Healthcare insurance is beginning to pay off
5.It takes twice as long to look half as good.
6. Sitting on the Patiom is your idea of an exciting night out.
7. That twinkle in your eye, is the suns reflection on your Bifocals
8. The Local Pharmacist is the person you see the most
9. Toys you loved as a child are now Museum pieces.
10, You are advised to slow down by the Doctor, NOT the Police.

There you have it BE WARNED it is heading your way, maybe sooner than you think??
But Hey I tell you it jhas its good points also.:hi: :hi:

mlf
29-06-06, 11:11 PM
I got as far as point one, but i couldn't remember what i was going to comment on.

piper_dancer
29-06-06, 11:27 PM
There you have it BE WARNED it is heading your way, maybe sooner than you think??

I have *at least* another 30 years maybe ???

Dai Robb
30-06-06, 11:15 AM
PD, you can add on at least another 20 years to that, I was fine until I got to 60, then I found myself on the slippery slope?? All I can say is that I hope you have as much enjoyment, pleasure, freindship and love out of your life as i have had out of mine.

Piper of Rose
30-06-06, 01:06 PM
PD just wait to you hit the 40 mark. It's ruff. So you can imagine how bad it must be to be.......well Dai's age. :bolt:

CelticCeith
30-06-06, 03:03 PM
PD just wait to you hit the 40 mark. It's ruff. So you can imagine how bad it must be to be.......well Dai's age. :bolt:

.... crap don't say that ... I turn 40 next year !!!! :wee:

piper_dancer
30-06-06, 03:26 PM
PD, you can add on at least another 20 years to that, I was fine until I got to 60, then I found myself on the slippery slope?? All I can say is that I hope you have as much enjoyment, pleasure, freindship and love out of your life as i have had out of mine.
haha thanks
you never know, it may start when I'm......30! *dun dun dunnnn* 0.o

Piper of Rose
30-06-06, 04:09 PM
.... crap don't say that ... I turn 40 next year !!!! :wee:

Oh crap better prepare now.

rpeitzsch
30-06-06, 04:18 PM
Ah, 40 wasn't so bad. Now 21.... everything was now legal, no more being a kid, only adult things to look forward too... now that I think about, turning 21 wasn't so bad either.

For my 30th, my sister threw a family birthday party where everything was in black (wrapping paper, balloons, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, ... you get the idea). I was quite amused. Her kids were quite young at the time and they knew that there was some sort of joke in all that, but they weren't really quite sure what. So when I turned 31, they wanted to know what colour everything was going to be that year.

Bobby
30-06-06, 07:26 PM
14 -too many worries, couldn't wait to get out of school. 21 was old.

21 was anti-climactic....everything I'd been doing all along was finally legal. Kinda took the fun away.:cool: 40 was so far away and old.

30 was annoying....couldn't say I was 20 something anymore...stopped getting asked for ID.... 40 was still along time off, but not old.

40.....:notlistening: my family had a field day with jokes at my expense. Something about me telling my mom, dad, uncles, aunts they were soooo old when they turned 40, and them wanting revenge. :puppydogeyes: . 60 is way too close and I don't want to think about it. :bolt: It would be nice to be back in school with nothing to worry about.

piper_dancer
30-06-06, 07:35 PM
LOL aww the years fly by sooo fast don't they?!....just not in my case......I've been waiting over 14 years for everything to be legal...but no luck :puppydogeyes:

Dai Robb
30-06-06, 10:59 PM
Dont want to worry you Bobby, but it gets worse as the birthdays draw nearer and you get older, the one consolation is that, people make excuses for you more. For instance if you have one too many and trip over, They just say, "well he/she is getting on a bit"
Kaitlin, dont wish your life away, it is so precious, but you have my sympathy, I can remember being your age(Oh yes I can??) although in those days we were working at 14, (I was down a mine shaft, doing 10 hour shifts) I can assure you, suddenly you will find that things are legal??, thats when your problems really start??

Piper of Rose
02-07-06, 04:09 AM
...(I was down a mine shaft, doing 10 hour shifts) ...

Was that shaft up hill both ways, with 20 feet of snow?

Dai Robb
02-07-06, 11:49 AM
It actually was a straight as a Die, only thing was it stretched for about 15 Miles out un der the sea?? I wsas always worried that we were digging upwards and one day the whiole bloody ocean would come pouring in on us. I was only in the Mines for a year, b ut I tell you, it taught you a lot about life and people. Like Nurses, those guys earned their Money.

Piper of Rose
02-07-06, 01:58 PM
I had a nephew that worked his way through college at a car wash. He told me one time, "I'm going to college so I can have someone else wash my car." There are those jobs that you do to learn you don't want to do them.

Dai Robb
02-07-06, 11:47 PM
I would come and wash his car, I find it very Therepeutic.

Piper of Rose
03-07-06, 04:28 PM
How 'bout mine?

Dai Robb
03-07-06, 10:50 PM
POR, I would willingly wash your car, no problems whatsoever, HOWEVER, I may have forgotten to mention the COST???

tartaniac
06-07-06, 08:40 PM
But DAI, I thought you were going to come chauffeur us for The Trip? We can't have you washing people's cars! Too undignified.

Ah... my fiftieth birthday was my favorite. It finally dawned on me that I truly was completely an adult in EVERYONE's mind and I could force that fact upon my dear old mother who still thinks I'm five.

I bought a red and white polka-dot bikini which fit. I spent our holiday in Annapolis, MD (my hometown -- that is if military kids ever really get a hometown). We went boating on the Chesapeake Bay almost every day.

I realized that I was old enough that I didn't have to tolerate punks, and young enough that I could really enjoy it.

I was old enough not to let things get to me, and young enough to still have some brain cells to appreciate it.

Forty... did I ever have a fortieth. Must not have been memorable. I don't remember it. Thirty was no thrill. Although I owned my own home, car, had a great job, was having fun, I was not yet married and my dear mother never let a day go by without reminding me of it. It hink I got a lectuure for that birthday. Twenty was nothing as I was neck-deep in uni, but twenty-one was spent in the UK so it went down in style.

Now that I'm pushing 60, I'm trying to push slower and with a lighter touch. We'll see.

The best part, Dai, is that no matter how old I am, I'm still younger than you.

Piper of Rose
06-07-06, 11:14 PM
The best part, Dai, is that no matter how old I am, I'm still younger than you.

:mlf: :bc:

Stormy
06-07-06, 11:32 PM
My money is on England winning the World Cup in 2006!!!
:bow:

Dai Robb
06-07-06, 11:40 PM
My money is on England winning the World Cup in 2006!!!
:bow:

I worry about you at times Stormy?? LOL

Dai Robb
06-07-06, 11:41 PM
:mlf: :bc:

Slipping up there POR, I fully expected your come back to be along the lines of

"So is everyone else on this Forum", whats wrong feel sorry for me or something??

Piper of Rose
07-07-06, 01:01 AM
Don't worry Dai I don't feel sorry for you. I feel sorry with you.

Nowan
07-07-06, 04:03 AM
It's like us not laughing WITH POR, but AT POR :bg:

piper_dancer
07-07-06, 04:37 AM
It's like us not laughing WITH POR, but AT POR :bg:
nawww we're laughing next to POR looking and pointing in POR's direction

Piper of Rose
07-07-06, 12:53 PM
nawww we're laughing next to POR looking and pointing in POR's direction

Just don't poke me in the eye, please. And can you keep down the laughing I'm trying to sleep...... at work, don't ja know.

Dai Robb
07-07-06, 02:19 PM
What do you work at?, A mattress tester??

Piper of Rose
07-07-06, 05:04 PM
Desk tester. I make sure they can hold enough :shite:

Dai Robb
07-07-06, 10:34 PM
I rest my case??

Nowan
09-07-06, 07:06 PM
Desk tester. I make sure they can hold enough :shite:

i don't want to know which tools you use?