PDA

View Full Version : Pleasanton, CA Sept. 1-4

tartaniac
06-07-06, 09:13 PM
Woohoo! We'll still be in Nor Cal for Pleasanton!!

Mitch -- know where you're going to stay?

Who else will be coming?

The Marriott is going to be the "Main" evening venue. Hilton shot themselves in the foot by jacking up the prices and Marriott put together a nice package. For those who haven't come before, the grade ones and twos have relaxed play-offs on Sunday night after the competition is over. They used to do it on Saturday night as well.

The ceilidh gets iffy. You never know if it's going to happen or not, or if it's going to be any good.

Saturday night, the Los Gatos Police Pipes & Drums (my band) has a barbecue and kickback night. Last year we had ribs, salmon, chicken, sausage and everything that goes with it. Our tent is set up over in the Grade 4 area. We all chip in $15 to cover the food and whatever drink is available. (Everyone brings a full cooler and there are usually a few bottles of scotch making the rounds.)

Steve
06-07-06, 10:02 PM
All being well i hope to be making that trip... just way to early yet to say for defo... If its still as busy as it is now... then maybe not... but we will see...

tartaniac
13-07-06, 10:32 AM
I could try to dig up some rooms nearby and we can cancel them at the last minute.

MITCH: wHERE ARE YOU GUYS STAYING? The HYATT?

We used to just drive there every day but we miss some of the late night hoo-ha and I hate getting up so blasted early and getting geared up.

Anyone Else?

ACTUALLY... now here's an idea. WHY NOT come and stay at my house. It's only 45 minutes away and it's not that big deal of a drive. Anyone who wants to come stay in my log cabin by the creek in the redwoods. It's spacious. We have lots of sleeping bags and beds and we could have a slumber party.

One of the best things about living here is that we can play our pipes and drums sitting out in the back garden next to the creek and Chuck can supply us with his killer margaritas. And then we'lll go into town (five miles away) and hit the pub for some Boddingtons.

Anyone want to come stay? This could be fun!

Dai Robb
13-07-06, 11:34 AM
It sounds like a dream, Catherine, Unfortunately the Boss says, NO, I am having enough Holidays this year. Ah well, hope you have a fabulous time all.

Celtic Mitch
13-07-06, 06:31 PM
Catherine, we are staying at the Marriott...headquarters. We arrive thursday early afternoon.

I expect I'll see you at the games.

Dai Robb
13-07-06, 11:29 PM
Mitch I want you to promise to give my Favourite lady a good time, and look after her for me?? will you?, I would do it myself but the Wife suspects something???LOL, Plus her Hubby Chuck is actually an okay guy. kepp this a secret between us please.

tartaniac
15-07-06, 02:11 AM
Catherine, we are staying at the Marriott...headquarters. We arrive thursday early afternoon.

I expect I'll see you at the games.

Or in the Marriott. Or better yet, in the bar at the Marriott.

Celtic Mitch
15-07-06, 02:29 PM
Catherine, I don't know what our plans are for when we arrive, some of us want to hit San Fran and do so touristing. We are having a practice at the hotel on Friday afternoon around noonish or 1, PM said early afternoon, so come out and have a listen, then maybe we can head into the hotel for a drink or maybe poolside.

Dai, don't worry your secret is safe with me and I'll make sure Catherine gets a hug from me and everyone else I know...oh..wait..we could be hugging for hours then..um..never mind on that. Just one.

PowerBoozer007
15-07-06, 11:44 PM
Mitch, Megarity's Lot and my Lot will be at the Marriotte!

Festivities start on the Thursday night, so get plenty of rest on the plane, yea right!

My B-Day is on the Saturday too, so I expect a big smushy kiss!!!!