PDA

View Full Version : The Argyll's are looking for YOU !

Illustrated Piper
23-01-09, 01:11 AM
If YOU are a piper or drummer looking for a band, WE'RE looking for you. If you're interested in playing in a band with a great bunch of people, interested in some great trips, then this may be what you're looking for. We have excellent instruction for all ages and levels of playing from former and current members of some of Ontarios top bands. We're playing not only military standards, but some great sets, medleys and concert music.
This band has some great things planned for the future.
Joining the military is not necassary. Anyhow, if you're intrested, we practice every Wednesday evening at 7PM at the James Street Armouries in Hamilton, or p/m me and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

Cheers,
Derek

CanuckinGA
23-01-09, 03:52 AM
The Argylls are looking for you

Geeez ... I stole that company pennant off your jeep back in '79. I'd have thought you'd have given up on finding me after all those years! :porcanden

John
(formerly Lincs and Winks)

Mom2Grace
09-02-09, 04:25 PM
Why do all bands seem to practice on Wednesday night????

Pete Walen
09-02-09, 05:42 PM
Why do all bands seem to practice on Wednesday night????

Because there's nuthin' on the telly worth watching?

CelticCeith
09-02-09, 07:32 PM
If YOU are a piper or drummer looking for a band, WE'RE looking for you. If you're interested in playing in a band with a great bunch of people, interested in some great trips, then this may be what you're looking for. We have excellent instruction for all ages and levels of playing from former and current members of some of Ontarios top bands.
Joining the military is not necassary, but if that's what you want, it is encouraged. Why not get paid for doing something you love to do. I can't believe at 48 years old, I'm signing back up.
Anyhow, if you're intrested, we practice every Wednesday evening at 7PM at the James Street Armouries in Hamilton, or p/m me and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

Cheers,
Derek

For those of you looking for a fun band to join ,,, they're a great bunch!

I QUIT THE BAND
09-06-09, 04:25 AM
I live about 4 hrs away , but it sounds like a fun group.

Illustrated Piper
14-07-09, 01:52 AM
We have started a practice session every second Sunday for our more "accomplished" players. The ultimate goal is to work toward fielding a competition band in the next couple of years.
We are also working on a couple of trips overseas as well. We're not your typical "Army" band.
We'll be holding an open house sometime in September or October. Come on down and check us out. I should be recovered from Wainwright by then.

Sully
05-08-09, 11:55 PM
Odd...I was just looking for info on the Argyll Reg't (PL) on Google.

Cheers

HKS