PDA

View Full Version : Airline Insanity!

Scarlet O'Hair
01-08-06, 04:29 PM
Just for kicks and giggles I decided to look up the price of a flight from Sudbury to Ottawa for Maxville this weekend......get this........$1004 return!!!!! It's an hour flight!!!!!!!!!

rpeitzsch
01-08-06, 04:44 PM
And its by way of Atlanta? Ooops, sorry, that'd be the 10 hour flight at $3000 and would include passing through customs twice each way.....

Your ticket sounds similar to one I looked up for fun between Providence, RI, and Hartford CT (about 1.5 - 2 hour's drive apart). Some ticket prices make no sense. Meanwhile, I can go roundtrip to Seattle (FYI for those overseas, that's on the other side of the continent) for $307.

phyx
01-08-06, 04:51 PM
Houston to Toronto round trip cost me 400 bucks 7 years ago. It was a 3 hour flight (would take well over 24 hours to drive it). However, to get a one-way flight, it would've cost me over 1000. How's that for logic?

An claidheamh soluis
01-08-06, 05:00 PM
I can fly from London to NYC for 300.

Yet last week I had to be in London for a meeting - flying time 35 minutes each way - and the best deal I could get was 370!

As they say in the classics "Go figure"

Bobby
01-08-06, 05:05 PM
Fly from Sudury to Ottawa ????

Drive, ya lazy bumb.....LOL

Scarlet O'Hair
01-08-06, 05:10 PM
I was told this weekend that I'm not "allowed" to make the drive on my own..(hubby and daddy lectured me) Looking into other options....flying WILL NOT be one of them!!!

rpeitzsch
01-08-06, 05:18 PM
So, should we be reading something about your driving into this? :bolt: :bg:

How about hitch-hiking? Seriously, the train's not a bad way to go.

Mom2Grace
01-08-06, 05:28 PM
You think the cost for air travel is expensive, just check out travel on a train in Canada... brutal.

CelticCeith
01-08-06, 06:40 PM
Just for kicks and giggles I decided to look up the price of a flight from Sudbury to Ottawa for Maxville this weekend......get this........$1004 return!!!!! It's an hour flight!!!!!!!!!

That makes complete sense ... if you look closely the fighit is from Sudbury to Ottawa via ... Vancouver, Hong Kong, Khandahar, Casablanca, Belfast, Halifax then Ottawa. I don't know what all the whining is about :jeeze: ... think of all the interesting people you will meet. By the way when in Belfast snap a picture of Vikki for the collection.

PsLsEsAsSsEs RsEsMsEsMsBsEsRs TsOs OsNsLsYs TsAsLsKs IsNs CsOsDsEs SsOs SsHsEs DsOsEsSsNs'sTs KsNsOsWs TsHsAsTs WsEs AsRsEs SsTsIsLsLs TsAsLsKsIsNsGs AsBsOsUsTs HsEsRs.

Scarlet O'Hair
01-08-06, 06:56 PM

Oh hahahahaha.....:notlistening:

Scarlet O'Hair
01-08-06, 06:57 PM
Hey Ceith, I feel a sore throat coming on.....cough cough......:battingeyes:

Piper of Rose
01-08-06, 09:55 PM

How about hitch-hiking? Seriously, the train's not a bad way to go.

Can you drive through a glass door?

or

CaAaNa YaOaUa DaRaIaVaEa TaHaRaOaUaGaHa Aa GaLaAaSaSa DaOaOaRa

Dai Robb
01-08-06, 10:19 PM
My Flight from Cardiff to Glasgow next week for the Worlds costs an almighty
£2.50p??? The only thing is the airport tax costs £18 .00?? You cant win?

Piper of Rose
01-08-06, 10:24 PM
Dai,

You must be on Ryan Air and booked very early. Flown them many of times.

A. Shack
02-08-06, 01:57 AM
Such is the way of life when you live in the "middle of nowhere" - not saying that in a nasty way, as I lived in North Bay for 11 years. The biggest expense of flying anywhere was the North Bay - Toronto connector hop.

The first time my wife and I went to Jamaica (pre-expedia, home internet etc) we flew from North Bay - Toronto - Mo Bay. Had we have driven the 3 1/2 hours south, and flown directly from Toronto, our airfare would have been exactly half of what we paid. :vomit:

CelticCeith
02-08-06, 05:07 AM
Hey Ceith, I feel a sore throat coming on.....cough cough......:battingeyes:

Carrie, I'm no doctor .... but you look like crap. I think you should take Thursday off. :devil:

You know my number .... I should be leaving Toronto around 2 to 3 O'Clock

tartaniac
02-08-06, 06:59 AM
I've heard they take you by way of the Northern Llights, but this isn't a good time of year to see them.