PDA

View Full Version : Hello

RGHARDIE
25-09-09, 04:43 PM
I would like to introduce the company to you and if you have any questions about what we do feel free to ask.

RG Hardie & Co are manufacturers and suppliers of Highland Bagpipes, Piping Accessories and Pipe Band Highland wear. Our extensive product range includes Peter Henderson Bagpipes, R.G. Hardie Bagpipes, St. Kilda Bagpipes and the World Famous Airtight Seasoning for Leather Pipe Bags.

RG Hardie was formed in 1950, since 1972 incorporating Peter Henderson Ltd established 1868. Over 100 years dedicated to making the finest highland bagpipes in the world.

Located at the centre of the Piping world in Scotland, Hardies prides itself on handcrafting bagpipes from the finest African Blackwood with attention to detail at every stage of the process.

I have been General Manager of the company since the start of 2006 and I am responsible for the design and testing of bagpipe products. We also provide drums and accessories and this part of the business is managed by Robert Geary.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Alastair Dunn

Daz Gregory
25-09-09, 04:47 PM
Hi Alastair

Thats a famous old name there! glad to see it's still going and it's all working out for you....and welcome to one of the more friendlier pipe band forums too! :beer:

Regards

Daz

rpeitzsch
25-09-09, 05:50 PM
Hi Alastair, welcome to the Forums!!

KAILY
25-09-09, 07:13 PM
Hi Alistair
Welcome to the P.B.F.

I remember away back in 1955/1956 at the age of 14/15 being asked to test a new type of drum skin (plastic skins ) for your company.
Ten prototypes were tested and only 2 passed the test.
The company who made the first plastic skins if I remember correctly came from Blackpool.
Kaily

ppyper1
25-09-09, 07:45 PM
My first set of pipes were Hardies! I loved them. :)

KCB
01-02-10, 10:41 PM
My first set of pipes were Hardies (a 1969 vintage RGH 03). I still love them.

bigboibruce
01-02-10, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hardies eh, A name well known in pipe bands and pretty popular

Paul Ouellette
02-02-10, 05:20 PM
Alastair : Good to see you here & welcome to the PBF...I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly place !!

Also (although a bit late..) congrats on your new little arrival !!

Anyway, it's great to see the Hardie company still going strong & in the hands of a piper of your calibre...Bob was a great guy & would be very pleased to see his name carried forward.

Cheers, P.

bill murphy
25-03-10, 11:50 AM
received those covers and cords yesterday rg .they're fantastic and the green looks great velvet on the pipes
cheers guys:PartyRobbie:

baxdrum
07-07-11, 08:41 PM
My Dad has a set of Hardies he purchased in 1962. The white has turned a beautiful orange and the pipes have the nicest sound. My sons are inheriting those pipes, so I can imagine they will be played for many years to come.

reedmaster
07-07-11, 11:21 PM
Had my present Hardie chanter for over 20 years. I think it only sounds better evey time I play it. I became familiar with Hardie and Henderson while taking pipe lessons in Edinburgh over 40 years ago. In fact my late teacher worked for Hardie for a time. Great to see you're still making quality bagpipes.

crash
07-12-12, 05:20 AM
Hi Alastair,
In September I bought my first set of pipes, a vintage set of Hardies that appear to be from the late 60's. They are gorgious and sound great (played by my teacher) but they actually look as though they haven't been played.
They are AB03's and the imatation ivory has turned that cool orange colour.
My question finally is what would you recomend for a poly chanter so that I might save my ab chanter from harm?

crash

Commando
01-03-13, 01:53 PM
Hi Alastair, Hope to see you at the worlds this year if I get back. Pass my regards on to Rob Geary (Mark & Gill)

derekby
22-11-13, 11:56 AM
Just discovered that my band set (which I will soon be purchasing) are Hardies. I've not played any other set, so I don't know the difference, but these ones play well.

ppyper1
22-11-13, 03:05 PM
My first pipes were Hardies. A good, solid set. Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

derekby
05-12-13, 10:40 PM
Just discovered that my band set (which I will soon be purchasing) are Hardies. I've not played any other set, so I don't know the difference, but these ones play well.
Question for the "turners":
Which model has the yellow ferrules and mounts?
I've searched far and wide and on the Hardie website~~~
I've attach a photo.~~~

rpeitzsch
06-12-13, 04:33 AM
Derekby, are you thinking of those sets where the "ivory" has turned some shade of yellowish orange with age?

derekby
06-12-13, 02:04 PM
Nope, these are yellow. Not sure if it's ivory, or imitation (plastic)

{how do I insert and image??}

derekby
06-12-13, 07:44 PM
Here's some photos of my RG Hardie Pipes...great sounding (when I play them correctly~) but I need to have them set up again by the PM>>>
:bobby:

derekby
06-12-13, 08:19 PM
Was just on "facebook page for bagpipes sale and swap",
There's a set of Henderson's there that are extemely similiar to my supposed Hardies...
How the Halifax can you tell between them~~??? :tap: sort of cheeking me off~~!!~~

scaryguy
06-12-13, 08:20 PM
Looks like plastic to me (but i'm far from an expert)
...............Double post automerged..............
Looks like plastic to me (but i'm far from an expert). Go to island bagpipes and check out Gord's pictures. I'm willing to bet if you send him these pics, he'd be more thn happy to help determine the make.

derekby
06-12-13, 10:36 PM
post deleted